Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

When it rains it pours

I made it home from Portland late, late Thursday night and was so happy to see my 2 guys! Kennon was asleep on the couch "waiting" for me to get home and then I got to see Jacob's smiling face first thing in the morning. I made it back home after taking him to school and caught up on some sleep and made it to Target to get some beach clothes and some water toys for the backyard. I got one of those 9x4 blowup pools and a slip and slide.

J had a baseball game Saturday morning and the Giants won. J didn't pitch but seemed ok with it. He played 2nd base and made 2 outs, he caught one pop fly and tagged another one out after getting the ball from outfield. He made 2 hits and scored one run. While we were at the game, K went to Goodman Rd and Byhalia, he had been told that a guy from Opelousas set up a cart there and sold crawfish and other Cajun yummies. After the game, K got home when we did with a bag full of goodies. He had jambalaya, Cajun gravy, smoked sausage, alligator boudin, shrimp boudin and crawfish boudin. We set up our redneck riviera in the backyard with the pool, slip and slide and beach chairs and K fired up the grill and cooked the smoked sausage and crawfish boudin to make cheese and sausage plates. We had a great day in our backyard and got lots of sun. Drew and Jackson came over and played hard with us in the redneck riviera. The plans for the rest of the night were to take the boys to the Shell for the Jimbo Mathus show and then let them camp out in the backyard. Roy called while I was getting ready for the show and said Mom was almost back in town from Destin and they were taking her straight to the ER. She'd had a headache for 2 weeks and it had gotten so bad Wednesday or Thursday that she had started vomiting. I told him and Sissy to let me know and went ahead and took the boys to the show. Sis called around 9 and said she had a blood clot and they were rushing her to Baptist East. Chuck came and picked up the kids and Kennon and I made it to the hospital. We stayed there until they moved her to the ICU. They wouldn't let anyone in there and Melanie told us it would be best if we went home. We went home but didn't really sleep. I went back to the hospital around 8:30am and Sis and I visited her for the 9am visitation. Somehow Roy bullied his way back there earlier. Mom didn't look good at all and was really, really sick. She got moved to a regular room before noon. I stayed with her for a little while after she got moved and then went home and tried to take a nap. I slept a little and then K and I went back to the hospital. Mom was given some different medicines while I was gone and was feeling a lot better. She had stopped vomiting and had a little relief on her headache. We visited about an hour, went and picked up J from the Mays' and grabbed some dinner. I came back to the hospital this morning and Mom had just gotten back from her brain scans they were doing to determine if she would need surgery.

Didn't get this post published before my computer's battery died. The regular doctor finally came by late in the evening last night and told Mom there was another bleed they didn't know about but he didn't know what could be done, the neurosurgeon had to make that decision and he would be in the next day. It is always tomorrow around that damn hospital. JUST FUCKING FIX HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand what they are waiting on. I talked to Melanie and she said it was very possible to miss a bleed on a cat scan but still what if they didn't miss it, what if it's a new one. How can they just leave her lying around in pain? And she started getting sick again last night. I'm so frustrated.

I'm heading back up there after I get J dropped off to hopefully get some answers. It is also J's last day of school so he and I are really glad! Glad to be through with Ms. Legge for sure. He told me yesterday if they let him keep his math book, he is going to burn it and no one wants to burn it as much as him. I was like hold on there boy, I can assure you I want to as bad as you do! We had some serious fights over that math homework this year. So glad it is through and hopefully won't be as bad next year when he gets a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment