Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

A little exercise, a little dinner and a lot of an energetic kid

Yesterday after work, I picked J up from Sissy's and he had the energy of 3 kids all hyped up on the dew. He barely gave me any time to talk to Sis but we did have enough time to decide we wanted to have a once a month dinner like last night with our fam because it was so fun and we don't take the time to make time for fam. Anywho, I had decided to take J to the park so I could exercise and he could run some of that energy off but K was ready to play baseball with him when we got home so they played ball in the back and I got 45 in on the elliptical and knocked out 2 of my Chelsea episodes. Of course halfway through my workout, J came in wanting to know what he could do, when we could go to the park, wondering if he could go to Leegan's.....after about the 4th time of him whining that there was nothing to do (he had no homework!!!) I told him if he asked me again what he could do, he would be cleaning his room. So that stopped that line of questioning. Of course then he insisted that I come outside and play with him, but I had dinner to cook, laundry to do and a glass or two of wine to drink. For dinner, I picked up some honey, ginger, soy chicken kabobs and rosemary mint lamb kabobs from Whole Foods, roasted some broccoli and ate some more of the Greek pasta salad. It was mighty delish. I added some tabouleh to my lamb. Very refreshing and filling :) J got a pretty bad stomach ache around dinner time so he got a bath and we cuddled on the couch til bedtime watching survivor. I hate that he felt bad but it was so nice to have him snuggled up and sweet as a baby. I sure do miss that little sweet baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment