Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Elevated work station

Alright I turned ANOTHER NEW leaf Monday night. This is the heaviest I have been in YEARS and it has got to go. The desk job aint helpin matters either. I have got to shed at least 10 pounds but would love 15. I'm already feeding us better most of the time since I started researching the food industry and all the bullshit they put in our foods. So most of our groceries come from Whole Foods now and most of my pick up food is from there too.....unless Kennon is with me. After the fiasco we went through with him at WF a couple of months ago when it was so crowded, I'm not sure if I ever want to go back there with him and I'm not really sure he wants to go back either! So anyways back to the 10 (15) lbs. I've gotten rid of my chair at my desk at work. I've rigged my keyboard and mouse up so that they are at hand level when I'm standing and can keep moving all day. I kinda pace in place, do stretches or leglifts while typing and surfing the web all day. Everyone in the office finds it quite amusing. I've also made a rule that I have to do at least 12 push ups on the bathroom wall before I can use the bathroom and since I drink 20 gallons of water a day and have a bladder the size of a hamster, that will start to add up too. I am trying to cut back on all the non-sense that I eat without completely denying myself but am proud of my progress so far. Of course it has only been 2 days but damn, change has to start somewhere and everytime we attempt change, it doesn't always take on the 1st try now does it? Lord knows I've tried to shed these 10(15)lbs for months now, sure hope this time is successful! Here's a shot of my new work station set up:























So the day has been successful in these ways:
Yoga - 45 minutes the a.m.
Breaky - banana and a glass of green tea
Lots of bathroom breaks therefore quite a few pushups
Snack - peanuts and pineapple
A leisurely 2.19 mile stroll at lunch
Lunch - 1 asian chicken kabob with about 1/4 C tabouleh from WF and some greek pasta salad I made last night w/ part whole wheat and part regular fussili pasta, greek dressing, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper, and green onion
AND I did not take a seat the whole day except on the toilet, in the car and when I ate lunch!

I hope this no chair thing pays off. I've got 50 minutes of my work day left and I feel really good as far as energy and fullness and cravings go but DAMN my dogs are barking! This has got to be doing something. They seriously feel almost as bad as when I use to bartend. I'm thinking about getting some of those silly looking leg muscle building shoes to start wearing all day. The office peeps will really lose it on that I bet :)



No comments:

Post a Comment