Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Mid Day Break

I took a little break today around lunchtime and walked over to the Mid-America Mall on Main Street and found a little bench under a shade tree. I didn't think to snap a pic while I was out there but the area where I took retreat can be seen in this pic from my office. It is where the trees are just to the top, left of the building with the red roof (which happens to be our old jail). The wind was blowing and the temperature was a perfect 84. I was sitting next to a waterfall built on the side of one of the walls around the area and the birds were singing me some really relaxing tunes. I facebooked and read some tweets for a while and then just let my mind wander. I almost feel asleep until the guy came to empty the garbage cans on the mall. He made all kinds of raquet so I decided that was my cue to leave before he rattled my nerves. Went back to the office refreshed and  energized after getting some sun and fresh air, had my lunch and went to see Veronica for a little batch of Botulism.

So the day has been successful in these ways:

  • Sleep - great night again last night. I have really been lucky here lately!

  • Breakfast - spinach pancake with some cocksauce and green tea

  • Snack - peanuts, wheat thins and string cheese

  • My little escape to the park bench

  • Lunch - MORE leftover greek pasta salad (Harry, one of the guys at work, made mention that I had eaten that 2 days in a row. I corrected him and let him know it was 3 days in a row. I love cool foods when it's warm. Never get tired of them.)

  • The botulism appointment will have my face looking grand again in a couple of days

  • Another snack - grapes

  • Plenty of pushups and still no sitting at the desk, however when I got in Veronica's comfy spa chair for my Botox with the lights low and the calming music, I can say that I did not want to leave for a long time. After a week of standing all day long, I can really, really feel it in my calves and my butt. Hope I start seeing results soon. I know it has got to be doing something!!!!
Kennon left this afternoon to go back home. Ryan is graduation from college tomorrow. I really wanted J and I to be able to go but we couldn't do it this time. I miss that boy so much when we're apart but he will be back as early as he can Sunday so it's not too terribly long and we have a pretty busy weekend here, so time will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment