Search This Blog

Pages

Sunday, May 9, 2010

All weekend things

It was a very good and pretty relaxing weekend even though I only had one of my favorite guys with me. I picked J up from school Friday after he had been at the All Lutheran Track Meet all day. He was sunburned and dirty and smelly. He had baseball practice and then we had Destiny's birthday party at Bahama Breeze. We had about 4 tables on the patio at Bahama Breeze. J and I sat with Tommy and Karen, Davis and Lisa Mays and Beth and her husband Anthony. I had so much fun with Tommy, Karen, Lisa and David. I forgot how much I missed Tommy and Karen. They really are some of the best people I know. I meant to get a pic with them but forgot. I had 3 beers while we were there, J ordered some of their yummy mac and cheese so I ate what he had left over, one of Tommy's onion rings and a couple of bites of Karen's mashed potatoes. After we got home, I ate the little side of queso and salsa that was left over from our dinner at Moe's the other night and another beer.

Saturday was pretty great all around. J had a baseball game that morning and he was the starting pitcher. He was really quiet as we were driving to the field. I asked him if he was nervous and he said he was. I told him about how you can take a deep breath to calm your nerves and told him to do it while he was on the mound if he ever got too nervous. Mom came out to watch him play too. He was really nervous the 1st inning and was throwing some real crazy balls but he calmed down and really brought it. He struck out 5 players and also hit a double. The Giants did a great job all around and wound up beating Trinity Baptist 4 to 1. They did an awesome job and Mom had as good of a time watching as I did. Here's J in the middle of one of his great pitches!














Here he is in the dugout, getting ready for the next inning.....


















And here he is after hitting his double:


















As evidenced by the pics, the weather was really beautiful AGAIN :) and J and I went over to Heather's after the game to enjoy the sun and pool. J and I ran through the Mickey D's drive thru. I got the grilled chicken southwest salad. J got some McNugget's but didn't meet them because he had a molar that was holding on by just 2 roots and really irritating him. I wound up having to do an extraction on it out by the pool:















J spent Saturday night at Jackson's and I chilled at the house catching up on my Criminal Mind and Tosh.O episodes. I had our leftover chicken and lamb kabobs, roasted broccoli and the last of the Greek pasta salad for dinner, a few beers and then some good, good sleep....until the stupid dog next door wouldn't shut up. I thought we had an understanding with those boys but clearly not, so I called the cops around 11:30. Not sure if they ever made it though since I popped an ambien and put in my ear plugs.

Sunday was a good day too. I picked J up from Jackson's and we met Mom, Roy, Sis, John, Marcia and Dillon at CTK. After we went to Mom and Roy's for lunch. Mom ordered some deli trays from Jason's Deli and we had a good lunch and some good quality time. I realized J and Mom and I didn't really have any pics together so I got a few before leaving.



























After lunch, J and I went to Costco and came home and practiced on his pitching. I think I may enjoy baseball as much as I did football! I also received my favorite Happy Mother's Day wish from Mel, she sent a text that said, "Happy Mother's Day to a totally hip, drop dead gorgeous Mom, who will smack the taste outta her kids mouth if needed. You're doing a kick ass job as evidenced by the fact your kid doesn't drive me nuts. Sometimes Moms just gotta hear it..but not you cuz you don't give a shit what other people think." How great is that??? Love it! K got home from Louisiana and we are going to hang out at the house and watch the Red Sox game. Very good weekend AND I've lost 2 pounds since last weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment