Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

Who knew the holiday weekend could be so good when you stay close to home? This is the first time in years that I've stayed in town for Memorial Day but it was a lot of fun! Friday night, K and I met Melanie and Chuck for sushi and drinks on the patio at Rain. We stayed there till around 11. K and I came home and hung out for a couple more hours in the backyard, sippin' some beers and talking. It's so great to have someone that I adore hanging out with and doing nothing!!



Sissy and John decided to go up to Heber to check on some jobs and get away so she brought Speedy over for me to babysit. The little princess was not thrilled about being left behind.

Kennon and I decided to chill at the house and hang out at the Redneck Riviera for the day. We ran to Target because he needed some swimming trunks since all of his are packed away at the mini storage and we grabbed some lunch at Jason's Deli while we were out. We got home and went straight to the Riviera. We chilled all day in the backyard, listening to music, reading magazines, soaking up some rays and drinking some beer. It was awesome. Here's K chillin in the pool!

We started getting hungry and decided we didn't feel like getting ready and going out so we ran up to the Fresh Market and grabbed some goodies to throw on the grill. K got an ole 96er and I got a cajun burger. We also got some shrimp to go with the homemade remoulade we still had in the fridge, some corn to roast and some cauliflower to mash. It was super yummy.

Sunday morning, I got up and made us some Devil's Eyes for breakfast before church.

We went to the late service at Hope and then ran to Dick's Sporting Goods and Gordman's to pick up a few things for our upcoming vacay. We went over to Heather and Jason's for a while and hung out at the pool and then K, Heather and I went to the Pool/Karaoke Party at Angie and Brian's. We stayed there pretty late and had a ton of fun. We ate lots of BBQ, sang lots of karaoke, splashed a lot of water out of the pool and pissed off a lot of their neighbors. Darrin and Wendy, Clint and Crystal, Judson and Jessica were some of the people there. There were a ton of kids having a blast too and I wish J could have come with us.


We are suppose to be going to a pool party over at Heather and Jason's today but I think we've decided to stay around the house and hang at the Riviera again. I have a few things that I need to get done around here and we're about sick of drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment