Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, May 17, 2010

A weekend full of food dough

Monday morning and I am sitting at gate C-10 waiting on my flight to Portland and rehashing our completely unproductive and enjoyable weekend with lots of money spent on food and thinking about how fat and bloated I feel. Was it worth it? Possibly but probably not but we sure enjoyed it while it was happening.

We had late reszies at Restaurant Iris Friday night so we started off at the Blue Monkey for a few drinks and then headed over to Iris around 8:30. Everything we had was absolutely amazing. Jamie waited on us and we couldn't decide on appetizers. We finally decided to start off with oysters 3 ways (fried, bread pudding and something baked similair to Rockefeller) and then Jamie brought us a sample of the other appy that we were thinking about getting. It was 2 corn pancake type things with lump crab meat and yummy spices in between. Both of these were to die for. K ordered the surf and turf and I got the soft shell crab served on top of mock shoux.....both were really, really good :))))))) Then Kelly brought us some kind of ice cream sundae thing for dessert. I really wish I would have gotten a picture of all the deliciousness!

After dinner, we swung by The Half Shell to see what kind of craziness was going on there and to have a few more drinks. The craziness was in full swing with a drunk, lunatic girl and her boyfriend, a couple of hookers and a really large, red headed girl trying to pick up someone/anyone at the bar. K and I were enjoying ourselves so much we drunk texted his mom who is on her girl's beach trip and closed the bar down.


Saturday was spent recuperating around the house all day with the exception of me going to Panera to grab us some lunch. Saturday night, we went over to Jason and Heather's to finally celebrate Shera's birthday with her.

Here are the girls enjoying the weather outside, in between rains!











I love these guys!!! Especially the 2nd one from the left!












And I love these girls too!








On the way home, K wanted some Awful Waffle so we stopped in at the one by the house...never a good idea but my scattered, smothered, diced, peppered and capped were pretty damn delish!









Sunday was spent being lazy (again!) and catching up on TV. I fully intended to go to Church and get outside and exercise and enjoy the weather but that plan didn't pan out. We got outside to go by the office and pick up my laptop so I'd have it for my trip and then again when we went by Sissy's to drop J's clothes off that he will need for the nights he spends with her and to get some dinner at Houston's. I was craving one of their salads with the garlic buttermilk dressing and cheese toast. K ordered the ribs and I got the prime rib and we shared and it was goooood!!

I was hoping to get a good night's sleep but that didn't happen. I never sleep well when I have to get up early. I freak out and keep waking up, thinking I am going to oversleep. I am hoping to get some sleep on my flights. We will see. I just hope whoever it is with the smelly feet at the gate right now is not sitting anywhere near me!

No comments:

Post a Comment