Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Present - CHECK

Today has been a good, good day and I knew it was going to be a good one before I even got to work. I woke up, got on the scale and had lost a pound of the 10(15) since Monday, I got J out the door ready to school and to Leegan's house without an ounce of bad attitude, the sun was so bright sunglasses were a necessity, every song the radio stations played was a happy, smiley tune and every lane I picked to drive to work in was the fast moving one. Oh how I love when everything falls into place like that! The rest of the day has been pretty good too!
So the day has been successful in these ways:
Sleep - Great night, woke up full of energy and well rested
Breaky - banana and green tea
Lots o water = lots o bathroom time = lots o push ups
Snack - Triscuits
B-12 shot and present shopping on lunch break
Lunch - Leftover Greek pasta salad and yummy green grapes. Pic of pasta:

It really is quite tasty and I love cold food when it starts getting warm. BTW, Today is sunny and beautiful and warm, did I already mention that? Oh it makes me jolly to be outta the winter wonderland!
Still standing at my desk instead of sitting even though Bill said it was scaring some people in the office. (He's so damn crazy, I don't know where he comes up with half the stuff that rolls off his tongue!)
I should have plenty of time after work for a bike ride.





One of the things I hate doing most is buying gifts....Birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, graduation gifts, whatever kinda gift. The reason I hate it so much is because I am a perfectionist gift giver. I want the gift I give to be absolutely perfect and personal and not just shit wrapped up for the sake of giving a gift when a gift is expected. I have a lot of anxiety wrapped up in this gift stuff and I usually do a pretty decent job and when I nail it on the head, I am so proud of myself but I still don't like it. I ran out at lunch to get my B-12/Lipo shot and decided to swing in to Davis Kidd to see if they had anything I could give Mom for Mother's Day. I found this awesome little healing garden that you grow yourself. It has it's own little terrarium, soil, decorative rocks and seeds for aloe and 2 other plants that are suppose to have some sort of healing power.

Now don't get me wrong, I didn't knock it out of the park with this one but I do think it's really cool and something that Mom will have fun with andddddddddddddd I can quit worrying about what to get Mom (for this holiday at least)!

No comments:

Post a Comment