Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good work day/Great family night out



I meant to start yesterday off with one of Jillian's workout but when I got up my back was still pretty bad so I did 40 minutes on the elliptical with the Ellen show. I made me a piece of peanut butter and jelly (with Betty's homemade strawberry jelly!!!!) for breaky. Work was a little chaotic. We had all the new recruits in (24) to get fingerprinted and ID'd before the class starts. The office was packed and loud and full of energy. The girls had to work through lunch so I moseyed on down to Domino's and grabbed them some pizzas and cinnamon sticks for lunch. I brought the leftover salad from last night for my lunch and ate one....yes ONE piece of BBQ chicken pizza. I really don't think I have ever in my life eaten just one piece of pizza EVER! Kinda proud about my willpower on that. Of course the big salad before hand helped but still, damn :) And I was satisfied too.

After lunch, I had a meeting out east at the training academy and it was over at 2:30. Bill gave me the rest of the day off so I went home and took a fantab nap with K before picking up J. After picking up J, we went to the Redbirds game. It was a wonderful night for baseball. The weather was perfect and we had some decent seats in the outfield. We made our seats even better after watching the really gross man in front of us gnawing and gumming and slobbering on his sandwich. So gross. K stopped me from looking but saw he had a big slime line of slobber hanging off his hand, connected to his sandwich. So we moved about 7 more rows ahead and got the pleasure of watching the monkey toes of some crazy woman that would not put her shoes on. I do think the whackos are just as attracted to K as they are to me. Another reason we are such a perfect fit! The game was good, Redbirds were up 7 to 1 when we left at the top of the 9th. It was already 9:30 and I needed to get J home. He found one of his buddies from his baseball team and they were all over the stadium all night long. Mostly at the bullpen but made they were to the big hill and the playground. The Redbirds pitcher threw J the ball he was warming up with at the beginning of the game. J was supa stoked over that. K and I had a few beers and an order of BBQ Nachos. I can't ever go there without eating those.

The day was full of junk (pizza, beer and nachos) but at least I did it in moderation and worked out that morning and I think that is why the scale had not changed when I got on it this morning! I'm still only down .8 of the 10(15) but it's better than being up .8!

No comments:

Post a Comment