Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Relaxation :)

Friday after work, J, K and I headed up to the lake house. Mom, Roy, Shanena and Chris were already there. They had already eaten and we weren't starving so K and I popped a couple of beers and visited for a little while. When we started getting hungry, we ordered some pizzas from Pickwick Pizza (formerly Mr. C's). They were super yum, as usual. J had a personal BBQ and K and I had our usual, Mr. C's supreme, loaded with everything including jalapenos. Yum in my tum! We were all exhausted and went to bed pretty early, right at 10. The air conditioner downstairs wasn't working properly though and we had a semi uncomfortable sleep. J woke me up at 7:30 and we didn't stop for a long time. We took Taco out to play a little, had some breakfast and visited with the fam some more. K got up shortly after we did and headed over to the hunting land to do some clean up. Around 10:30, J and I headed to the boat with Roy, Nena and Chris. Roy bought a new tube and we put a lot of use on it. The day was beautiful, not too terribly hot and just perfect for relaxing. We stopped at Grand Harbour marina for some lunch and hit the water some more before J and I had to leave.




It was a great day on the lake but it ended sooner than we wanted. We had to get back to Memphis to pick up Leegan to spend the night. I promised J that I would take them to Putt-Putt so we got off the water around 3:00 and headed back. We picked up Leegan, had some dinner, ran by Muddy's for a cupcake and then headed to Putt-Putt. The boys had a blast and went all night long go karting and playing Putt-Putt.


We didn't get out of there until after 11:00pm and I was pooped. We got home, took showers and went straight to bed. Sunday, the boys slept until almost 10:00. Once they got up, I made blueberry pancakes and Cajun smoked sausage for them. I guess the sausage was too spicy for Leegan because he sent almost all of it back so I had that and a super sweet cantaloupe for my breaky.

After getting everything cleaned up, I set up the redneck Riviera and we spent a few hours getting some sun. playing and wasp hunting.

Look how tall the grass is.....my gosh! I guess you can't really have a redneck Riviera with a perfectly manicured lawn :)

The boys got hungry and I made them some meatball subs and I was craving something cool so I mixed up some white chocolate pudding mix with some Greek yogurt and topped it with some fresh blueberries.

Cool and refreshing.
Later in the afternoon, we dropped Leegan off and ran to the grocery store to pick up some things for dinner. I decided to test my luck on some peaches (the last few I've bought have been pretty tasteless) and J and I were both glad I took a chance. It was juicy and sweet and pretty much perfect. I made a late afternoon snack of cheese, crackers and a peach.

J wound up stealing half of my peach and I gobbled down almost all of the cheese and crackers before snapping a pic.
K got back from the farm right as we were leaving for church. Before leaving, I stuck some filet mignon's in the oven to slow cook while we were at church. The smelled yummy when we got home. We had a huge salad and a baked potato to go with them. We watched Big Brother while we ate and then decided it was bedtime. We were all exhausted.
I got up this morning and did 37 1/2 minutes on the elliptical. Strange time, I know! I had planned on a 35 minute workout but right as I was ending, a news story came on that I wanted to see and I figured if I was still watching TV, I could work out still.
For breakfast, I made a "fried" egg sammich on a bagelwich with avocado, tomato and a little bit of serano pepper and had a banana to go along with it.

DELISH!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment