Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Noodle Doodle Do, Yogatoes and Haircuts

I met Marcy at Do for more soup at lunch yesterday. This time I ordered the Kobe beef red curry soup and she had the chicken noodle matzoh ball soup. I found out that the curry soup is much better when you just eat a little out of someone else's bowl. It is very rich and very irresistible which means I wound up with a tummy ache because I had to eat all of the deliciousness. I tried the jewish chicken noodle and it was good too. I'm usually not a big fan of chicken noodle soup but this was quite tasty. I ran by the house after that to pick up some clothes to donate to the Neighborhood Christian Center and saw my Yogatoes had arrived!

They are suppose to strengthen your ankles by stretching your Achilles tendons so we will see how that goes. I think they make my feet look kinda Fred Flintston/kinda Neanderthalish looking. Cracking up!
I left work a little early to get J and I over to Dan's to get our hair did. I've never brought J to anything more than a Supercuts and he was shocked by the hairwash/scalp massage.
Look at that look on his face! He kept it on the whole time. He looked very handsome when Dan was done and I went all out and got all of my hair chopped off too. It's now in between my ears and neck in length. Not crazy about it at this length but it will be ok when it grows out just a bit BUT I am crazy about how cool it feels and how little time it took to blow it dry this morning :)
For dinner last night, I went back to the old school and made the hot ham and cheese sandwiches with butter/onion/mustard sauce that Vicky use to make when I was a kid. I haven't made these in probably 15 years and have been missing out on a lot. They were better than I remembered and K was a huge fan too. After dinner, we watched Big Brother and went to bed early again. I am having a hard time adjusting to J being back in school and having more of a program to follow. Why can't summer vacay be everyday?????
I slept through workout time this morning and was still full from dinner so I skipped the breaky part too. K met me at the house for lunch and I got my bags packed for my Nashville trip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment