Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Second 1/2 of Cowboys Trip is Booked!

I ran to the mall yesterday at lunch to pick up a present for Stace's lingerie shower. While I was there, I grabbed a spicy chicken wrap from Chick-Fil-A for lunch. After lunch, I got our hotel booked for the Cowboys trip. When J, K and I went last year, we stayed at a downtown hotel and totally enjoyed it but everyone decided we wanted something close to the stadium so we could be close and enjoy the tailgating. Great idea except there aren't super nice hotels near the stadium like there are downtown but I still managed to get us a good price at a good hotel. We will be shacking at the Hyatt Place and it's only 2 miles from the stadium! Here's the link: Hyatt Place Looks like super duper sleeping arrangements! I love how the hotels FINALLY decided that a good bed is a good thing :) I can't believe it is only August and we already have the whole trip planned. We have come a long way in 3 seasons. Yesterday's weather was perfect, especially compared to the last 2 weeks of 100+ degrees. After work, I decided to take advantage of it and start "training" for the 1/2 marathon. I've decided that I am going to train the way I want to train and not make myself miserable following someone else's plan. I know I can finish the race, even if I have to walk half of it, and that is what matters to me. Finishing, not the time it takes so I will "train" by trying to improve my run performances but I'm not worrying about how long I can go in what amount of time. I think this is the best way for me to be able to enjoy the whole ordeal. K and I talked about it last night and decided to maybe start doing some other 1/2's in cities we are interested in visiting like Savannah, San Antonio.....More bang for our buck. Get to go on cool weekend trips and stay in good shape. Anyways, after work I went for a jog. I took it nice and easy and didn't overdo it like I am prone to do. If I have any hope of staying in decent condition during training and the race, I am going to have to cool it and remember that I don't have to blow it all out at once. With that in mind, I stopped my run and went to a walk around 15 minutes when I started feeling my knee get sore. I walked for 30 more minutes and did a little over 3 miles. I

 also took quite a bit of time afterwards to stretch. Gonna do it right :)
K and I decided to celebrate our last week night that wouldn't be a school night for a while. We were going to try out The Reef but decided on a patio since the weather was so nice.
Boscos it was! We did some serious people watching and eavesdropping while we had a few drinks and snacked on some calamari. There was the pinkie ring wearer, the skinny pants know it all that had to confess his DUI to his wife, the lounge shorts wearer that didn't give a damn and the boxer nose girl. We also had some dinner while we were at it. K got the blackened grouper sandwich and I had the shrimp and grits.

One of these days, I am going to remember to snap a pic before I dig in. It doesn't look all that great but the grits were amazing! They were asiago grits topped with a tasso gravy. Can you say double yum? I did! We made it home around 10:00 and got to bed. I wanted to get up early and do my new Jillian yoga DVD but that didn't happen :( I slept til time to get ready. I was still a little full from dinner so decided to make a smoothie for breaky but then I didn't have quite enough milk so I had to settle for my smoothie in a bowl like frozen yogurt instead of in a glass like a milk shake.

I snacked on some strawberries and veggies (carrots, tomatoes and bell pepper) with hummus. Marcy and I were FINALLY able to get together for lunch. We met at DO sushi and noodle.
It was the first time I had been there at lunch time and what an awesome surprise. They do not offer sushi at lunch time and I was super bummed about it at first but decided to try some soup since Marcy bragged about how great it was. I ordered the shrimp wonton soup with BBQ pork and she got the kobe beef curry soup. Mine was excellent untillllllllllllll I tried Marcy's. I always avoid anything with curry because I thought I didn't like it but this was some of the best soup I have ever had. So damn good. I will definitely be going back for that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment