Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, August 12, 2010

In service, what a bore!

I was so glad to have nothing to do Monday after work. I just wanted to veg and relax and that's what it was all about. I read a ton of magazine articles, cooked some crab legs, corn and potatoes and chilled with my man. Tuesday morning, I woke up Tuesday and did some yoga before work. Breaky was a whole wheat waffle topped with some cashew butter, greek yogurt and a drizzle of honey.

This was the first time I have ever eaten a waffle with out coating it in syrup and was convinced there was no way I would like it any other way but this was super yummy. Another great meal idea I found from all the healthy living blogs I've been reading. I also had some gooseberries.

I saw these Monday when I was at Whole Foods and grabbed them to try since I have committed myself to trying new, healthy foods. I had never seen gooseberries before and they looked interesting but that was it. I wasn't too fond of them. They were pretty tart and had no sweetness to them at all. I ran home at lunch, fixed a salad and heated up the leftover tamale from our Corky's dinner the other night. After work, I had a girls' night with Evelicious and Marlinee. We met at Cafe 1912 and had a few glasses of wine, dinner and lots of good, funny and catching up convo. I love these girls and wish our schedules would let us spend more time together. We had a great time. We drank some Pinot Grigio, I ate some grouper and risotto and asparagus, and laughed my ass off!

Eve was in this pic also but cropped herself out because she said she looked fat. She looked awesome but I'm not gonna argue with a woman that thinks she looks bad. You can't change her mind no matter how wrong they are. I know because I've been there.
I got to sleep in a little Wednesday because I had In Service and didn't have to drive all the way downtown.
I bought some naan bread at Whole Foods on Monday and am in love! It is so yummy but kinda high calorie. I didn't realize how many cals were in it until I had already scarfed a whole one down. For breaky, I made a couple of "fried" eggs and put them on top of half a piece of naan, some sliced avocado and some hot sauce.

It was so yummo. Class was super boring and actually wasn't even class. It was a lot of sitting around with no instructor in the class and a lot of bullshitting with the instructor in the class. Good to know some things never change. They did show the dashboard video of the West Memphis police officer slayings, which I wasn't crazy about watching. It made me super sick to my stomach. We had a long lunch so I ran by mom's to drop off J's uniform pants that need to be hemmed and ran by Chick-Fil-A and grabbed a spicy chicken wrap. After class, I ran to the Fresh Market and picked up stuff for dinner. When I got home, I jumped on the elliptical for an hour and caught up on Rachel Ray and Chelsea. For dinner, I seared some tuna and roasted some asparagus and celery root.

It was all really, really good. The tuna was so fresh and delish. Some of the best I've ever had. K and I caught up on Big Brother and Modern Family.
I got up this morning, did some yoga, made a whole wheat waffle with almond butter, greek yogurt and honey and cut up some cantaloupe.

Jalapeno got to enjoy some cantaloupe too!



No comments:

Post a Comment