Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Veggie Overload

Vegetables were what's for lunch today and a new one to boot! When I was getting things ready this morning, I semi-planned to come home and fix me a veggie meatball sub for lunch but after the temps soared to 98 degrees, I decided that a cold salad would be a whole lot yummier, soooooo I started with a ground layer of spinach and romaine and topped it with some anaheim pepper, sweet pickles, tomato, avocado, cheddar cheese, sunflower seeds and turkey bacon with a little bit of jalapeno ranch for the icing on the cake.

Oh my dear goodness, it was heaven :) I also heated up some leftover roasted broccoli I had in the fridge and tried a new veggie. Rutabaga! I read about them in someone else's blog and decided to try them. She peels them and slices them up in the shape of french fries, then tosses them in olive oil and seasons them before roasting them in the oven. I seasoned mine with some Tony Chacheres and pepper.

They tasted really, really good! I am a total fan and suspect these will be making regular appearances from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment