Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Too long without updating

Thursday night, K had to take some clients out to dinner so J and I were on our own. I came home from work and did some yoga and then we decided to try a restaurant that we had never been to before for dinner. Humdinger's has been around for a while and Sissy and John told me about it months ago. They were very fond of it and told us to try it out but to be honest, I thought the name was stupid and didn't try it just because of that. Dumb move!!!! It was awesome and cheap. They serve all kinds of grilled fish and chicken dishes with rice and fresh veggies and don't charge an arm and a leg. J ordered the grouper sandwich and I had grilled snapper with a sauteed mushroom topping with rice and marinated broccoli, all for about $22!
It was really good. I'm looking forward to going back and trying the other fish and toppings. While we waited for our food, J played around with some coins I gave him.

After dinner, we went home and watched Modern Family and chilled out. Friday morning, I took J to his dad's before heading to work and after eating this turkey bacon, cheese, hot sauce and tomato sammy.

At lunch, I spoke to the Midsouth Investigators group about some of the things our office does and what they can do to help us keep a handle on the sex offenders. They were a great group and invited me to join. I probably will. Since Bill was suppose to be doing the presentation and I did it instead, he let me leave work a little early. I grabbed K and I some lunch from Lenny's, we took a nap and then headed to the lake house. It was way too hot to leave Margo at home to stay outside so I didn't feed her any food before we left, hoping to keep her car sickness to a minimum. I don't think it helped make her feel better during the ride though.
Once we got there, we decided to lay low and unwind at the house. We grabbed some beers, ordered some pizza and put the new firepit to use.

I was able to talk K into going on a hike with me and Margo Saturday morning while the temperature was still decent. It was the beginning of a beautiful day.


Margo even took a chance to enjoy the cool waters of a creek we found during the hike.


After cleaning up, we got the boat out and hit the water. We cruised the lake for a little while until we got hungry. We stopped at Grand Harbor to pick up some eats for lunch.

I love their burgers! Supa good but huge. I actually wasn't able to finish my meal....imagine that!
I love Grand Harbor! I wish we could keep our boat there.

It is one of the nicest marinas I've ever seen but I still want to get inside the condos and take a looksie!

After lunch, we went back south of Goat Island and anchored down in some pretty calm waters and hung out the rest of the day. We went in around 4:30 so we could get ready and go to dinner at the Catfish Hotel and have plenty of time to get back to the house and set another fire. We got to the Catfish Hotel and there was an hour and fifteen minute wait. We scratched that idea but still wanted catfish so we headed to some little hole in the wall K had been to before with guys from the hunting camp. It was awesome :) The scenery was hysterical and the old man running (trying to run) the cash register was a hoot. K told me about him when him and the guys went last year. Their tab had been eighty something dollars and they paid with a hundred and the poor little old man tried to give them sixty something back. This time, our tab was thirty something and when K asked if he could break a hundred the old man said he's rather not. I thought it was so stinking funny the way he said it, I'm still laughing about it as I type. Since I didn't remember what the name of the restaurant was and it didn't have a sign, I renamed it The I'd Rather Not Restaurant. After some really good laughs and 2 full bellies, we headed back to the house and got our fire pit set up. We stayed up awfully late and had a lot of fun.
Sunday was spent lounging in the house most of the day because it was pretty cloudy and we wanted to be bums, including Taco.

We got everything cleaned up and made it home in time to pick up some ribs from Corky's and watch the Cowboys beat the Bengals in their first preseason game.
I did an elliptical/strength training session this morning and refueled with a triple berry smoothie. Right before lunch, I got word from K that he signed us up for the St. Jude half marathon.....what have I gotten myself into? For lunch, I ran by Whole Foods and grabbed and piece of Vidalia Onion Salmon:

And got a salad and some pasta to go with it:

It was so light and refreshing and good. I wasn't able to finish the salmon so I saved it for another time and still had too much to eat. I may go for a short run when I get off work today, depending on the weather. This morning, the weather guy said it was going to be 100 degrees with a heat index of 118 so we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment