Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

1/2 of the Cowboys Trip Booked

Another day of In Service was survived Thursday. Lunch was a nice break. Vick, Vernon, Ray Sides and I went to Humdinger's. I had the blackened salmon with pineapple salsa, rice and slaw. It was good but the snapper I had the week before was better. After class, I went home and relaxed. For dinner, I made some old school BLT's on white bread and they were so good. I picked up a new kind of chip to try with them, sweet potato and beet chips and they were quite the hit. Very delish! K and I caught some couch time watching Big Brother and keeping up with the Cowboys/Raiders game....which the boys wound up losing. WTF? Couldn't even score a TD. Not looking good so far :(
Friday morning, I made a "fried" egg sammy for breaky and had some fruit. I got to work and all hell broke lose. Sheriff elect Oldham wanted all of our numbers on his desk 1st thing and Felecia, the slug that use to work in my office, had screwed all the computer files up by not keeping them current, so I spent ALL DAY verifying and correcting numbers. Luckily I brought some sliced up veggies and hummus to snack on and had some trail mix in my desk. It held me over but I was HON-gry when I left. I skipped out a little early, picked up J and headed to the house. I had a BLT thanks to Thursday's leftovers and then unwound from the whole day and baked Grandmother's strawberry cake for that night.

K and J were trying to dig in as soon as it came out of the oven. Later that evening, we went to a cook out at Chuck and Mel's. Darren, Wendy and Logan came too. We had grilled salmon, burgers, BBQ chicken, Cajun sausage, roasted potatoes, pasta salad, spinach salad and grandmother's cake. We were also able to get half of our annual Cowboys game trip planned. We got Darren online and found our game tickets, now I have to do my part and snag us some rooms. Every year, I am in charge of getting the rooms and have been very successful in scoring awesome rooms, in a great location and about half of the price. I'm going to try to get to that today.
I had to go pick J up Saturday around lunch because he spent the night with the Mays'. We got home, made some lunch (I made the boys some grilled cheese and a salad for me) and relaxed. I thought about setting up the Redneck Riviera but it was so damn hot that we decided against it. Saturday night, we went to the Redbirds game. They played Colorado Springs and innings 1 through 8 looked like they were for sure putting a big L in the column for that night and then in the 9th inning, they came back from an 8-3 score to win it. It was awesome AND it was the 2nd time this season we have seen them come from so far behind in the 9th to win it.
Happy fans and players at the end of the game! They also had a fireworks show after the game which I was so excited about since I haven't had a close up to fireworks for the past two 4th of Julys!

J waited patiently for the show to begin.

Here we go! :))))))

It was a good show, just a little short for my likings but still good! The show was done to all Elvis songs since it is Elvis week and that was great too. It was way too hot during the game to eat (102 degrees!!!!!) so by the time we were headed home and had cooled down, we were starving but didn't want to go sit down someplace since we were so sweaty and smelly so we stopped by Sonic for some late night burgers.
Sunday morning, J and I got up and went to church at CTK. Mom, Roy, Sis, John, Marcia and Dillon were there too. After church, J and I went to eat at Panera with Mom and Roy. I had the pick 2 with the chipotle chicken panini and tomato and mozzarella salad. Sandwich was delish, salad was boring. After lunch, J and I went to Davis Kidd to pick up a birthday present for Taylor and also got books for J and K and a mag for me. We also went to Target and Rack Room Shoes for some last minute back to school stuff for the J man. We got home in time to chill for about an hour and a half before heading over to Sissy's to Tay's birthday party. They cooked out burgers and hot dogs and we hung with the family the rest of the night. We had a lot of fun, even though I got in trouble with mom for K and I not knowing when we are getting married yet. Tom and Benny weren't able to make it and that sucked. I haven't seen them since Tom got the news about his cancer. It's pretty serious and I want to see him before things get too bad.
I got up this morning and was still pretty full from last night's dinner so I whipped up a smoothie while I got ready and shared some cantaloupe with J while I drove him to meet his dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment