Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

Lake time is almost here!

When I got home yesterday, K and I went for a bike ride. We rode to Audubon Park, cruised along the golf cart path and then booked it home when it started thundering and lightning. Right before the storm, the sky was beautiful as the sun tried it's best to keep on shining.
The ride was really good and we made great time even though a lot of the ride was on the street during rush hour.

We got home and I was starving so I had a little snack before showering and getting dinner ready.

I decided to cook some Mexican for dinner since K will hardly ever go eat it with me. I baked some tortillas and browned some ground turkey with Rotel and taco seasoning to make tostadas. Here is the 1st layer:

And the finished product after I added lettuce, tomato, onion, salsa and jalapeno ranch.

It was delish! We spent the rest of the evening watching Big Brother and a saved episode of Losing it with Jillian. I got up early this morning and did 40 minutes of yoga. After a shower, I made this new breaky and was not impressed with the 1st bite because I was expecting it to be sweeter but it grew on me. It was plain Greek yogurt, granola and cashew butter.

For the last few bites, I threw in a few chocolate chips and that really improved the taste :)
Later for a snack, I had another banana.

And then some carrots and an Anaheim pepper with some hummus.

Lunch was the leftovers from last night's tostadas. I'm rushing this post so I can get out of the office and on my way to the lake!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment