Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Detour of Plans, 1st day of school and WICKED!

J and I had plans to explore the greenway towards Shelby Farms when we got home last night but plans changed quickly. On my way to pick up J, K called and was stranded at Shelby Farms after having a blowout on his bike. We had to go home, pick up K's truck and then get him from the park. He hit some kinda heavy wire and almost crashed and had to carry his bike to the Ranger's station and borrow a phone and then I wouldn't answer my phone because I didn't recognize the number.....he had it rough for a bit. We got home and had to run back out to meet J's old baseball coach to pick up his medal and pics. On our way home, we stopped at Pei Wei and picked up some dinner: wonton soup, lettuce wraps, shrimp fried rice and crab rangoons. It was supa good and I ate way too much, which made me feel even worse after not getting any exercise. We watched an episode of Shaq vs. It was pretty funny. He's a nut! Bedtime was 9:00pm sharp for J since it was a school night and I was right behind him. He mentioned the other day that he was going to start reading his bible before bed and he did it 2 nights in a row. We forgot last night until it was already 9:00, so it didn't happen. A habit we are going to have to get use to...
I got up this morning and did my new Jillian Yoga dvd. I was still half asleep and not feeling too energized so I went with the level 1 and DAMN it was a challenge. I'm scared of level 2. After that, I did 10 minutes of pilates stretching and hit the shower. I skipped breaky because I was still so stuffed from last night. J woke up early (I think he was excited to be going back to school...no matter what he says) and I was reading my morning devotions so he decided to catch up on his bible reading too.
How stinking cute is he???
We finished getting ready for the day and were off....
I helped him get to his class, said hello to Mrs. Albertini (SOOOO GLADDDDD he has a good teacher this year :)))))) and met the new principal, Mr. Geyer. He has a lot of new rules and seems to be pretty strict, which is what I think CTK needs. I'm excited about him. He isn't allowing any sodas in the school! Finally someone that is on the same page as me :)
Thanks to the 1st day of school being a half day, I get a half day too. J and I have a tradition of going to lunch at Uncle Lou's chicken and the zoo on the 1st day so I am almost out of here. I was able to accomplish something very important today though!
I snagged us tickets to Wicked in the pre-sale!!!! CAN. NOT. WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment