Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

BBQ Hens, Dog Madness and a little Flight

After work Wednesday, J and I took Margo and Little Lexie Lou Who for a long walk around the neighborhood. After that, we threw some cornish hens on the grill. I roasted some potatoes and a spaghetti squash to go with it. The squash was a new thing for us and we loved it....well K and I did, J not so much.

After roasting it and stripping it out of it's shell, I seasoned it with salt and pepper and sprinkled it with parmy. It was supa dupa!
This is what was going on the whole time I was cooking.

Little beggars! It is nuts having this many dogs in the house but luckily the dog whisperer is available sometimes to calm them down.
We were able to watch Big Brother in peace :)
Yesterday morning, I woke up and did some yoga and fixed a turkey sausage, egg and tomato sandwich with cantaloupe for breaky. Got to work and dealt with more madness. Cannot express how bad I want to get this whole new sheriff transition over with. It is no easy task scheduling 2000 people to get sworn in as law enforcement in 2 days. Bleh! Stress, no bueno! I left the office at lunch to go visit Brian Dill in the hospital. He is making lots of improvements every day. I can't believe it was just Monday when the doctor's said there was no hope. After going to the hospital, Mel and I had lunch at Sekisui.
J started back to karate last night at Kirby Woods Baptist Church. He was glad to be getting back into it and did an awesome job. I loved the class/instructor too. He incorporates bible verse memory and messages into the lessons. I really love that a program like this is available. We grabbed some Chick-Fil-A for dinner and got home in time to get all of J's homework checked and watch Big Brother.
There was no workout this morning, maybe after work :) Breaky was a strawberry, banana smoothie. I guess I've been as high strung and my stress as easy to read as Bill has been because a few people from the office wanted to take me out to lunch today. The weather was gorgeous so we walked down to Flight. I haven't been since the first time K and I went for his birthday so I was glad to be going back. I ordered the New Orleans flight for my entree and it was good but not quite as good as when we had dinner there. It included blackened grouper over cheese grits, seafood gumbo and a little piece of shrimp po' boy. Don't get me wrong, it was GOOD just not as positively delicious and perfect as the dinner was....but dessert, that was a different story. It was heaven on a plate!
 
I made my own flight up. I had the chocolate, caramel, toasted pecan cheesecake, vanilla bean creme brulee and German chocolate cupcake. MMMMMMMMMMM! And that was the noise I made the whole time I ate. The stroll in nice weather and wonderful lunch calmed my nerves down significantly. One more hour til the weekend :)))))))


No comments:

Post a Comment