Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Apicoectomy and Nurse K

At lunchtime on Monday, I ran to the grocery store because the casa was dry and I picked up this little jewel of a snack. They are super good but extremely expensive. This little bag was almost $4....
The sweet chili flavor was excellent and they have pretty much the same amount of calories as regular chips but they are brown rice so definitely a better grain. After unloading the groceries, I decided to saute some fresh spinach in some Italian dressing and then top it with some whole wheat spaghetti with some of Emerill's pasta sauce and some parmesan cheese.
It was very filling and very good. After work, K and I decided to go for a bike ride. Our stats were pretty much the same as last week's tour of the greenway.
We rode all the way til we were blocked by the unfinished bridge and then headed back home.
 
I can't wait until we can explore more of the trail. We got home and cooled down and I made a big crab leg boil with Cajun smoked sausage, corn and potatoes for dinner. It smelled so good that I immediately dug in and forgot all about taking any pics.
Tuesday morning, I decided to make a pretty heavy stick to my ribs kinda breaky since I was going in for my oral surgery at 10:45 and knew I probably wouldn't be able to eat much after. I made a scrambled egg and salsa burrito and had a plum and some blueberries with it.
It did the trick. I went in for my apicoectomy and was pretty nervous. I was referred to Dr. Kenan Clinton and he was super calming and made things go as smooth as possible. He cut open the gum above my front #8 tooth, dug out all of the infection and the cyst, cut off the root, filled the root and sewed me back up. It was a pretty quick procedure (about 30 minutes). I didn't feel a thing but the sounds and the pressure was not cool. It was wayyyyyy worse than a root canal as far as anxiety wise. K picked me up and took me home. By the time we got home, I was already hurting pretty bad and feeling sick to my stomach. Luckily I had some pain meds left over from something else so I was able to take them and go to bed while K took my other prescrips to Walgreens. Here's a pic of a couple of my stitches:
Ouch! :(
K take super good care of me and delivered me the exact ice cream that I was craving (gold medal ribbon). I had quite a few bowls of it when I would wake up from my coma.
There really is nothing better than the best boyfriend in the world taking care of you and ice cream in bed when you are feeling pukey :)
I had grand ideas of going to work today but when I woke up, I knew it was a no go. I took another pain pill and went back to sleep. I slept until about 12:30 and woke up feeling a lot better. I'm uncomfortable now but not hurting and haven't taken any more pills. I still feel a little sick but doing much better for the most part. When I first woke up, I was starving but got sick at the thought of food, so I made a triple berry smoothie.
After a few hours, my stomach was feeling better so I gave Margo a haircut and then made a cheese and jalapeno quesadilla and served it with some pickles and salsa.
Real food hit the spot but it is so hard having to cut up all my food into tiny pieces andnot being able to bite into things. At least it's only for a week...

No comments:

Post a Comment