Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Greenline Adventures

After work yesterday, K and I decided to explore some more of the greenline and head out past I-240 towards Shelby Farms. Our adventure east came to a quick halt when we hit some trail blocks. All of the greenline is not open yet and we found one of the stopping points so we headed back the way we went before to see what was going on west of Highland. We made it not quite a mile past where we picked up yesterday and had to turn around because of another stop on the trail. We found a brand new bridge out there and the trail ended shortly after that so we turned around and headed back to the house. We wound up doing about 10.33 miles in an hour but my run keeper shows more because I forgot to turn it off for our cool down.
After our ride, we went back to the house and chilled. We got caught up on Big Brother and So You Think You've Got Talent and I cooked a light dinner. I made  honey/cilantro/garlic/lime glazed mahi mahi, roasted green beans and sweet potato fries.

It was good but I made the same glaze before and used it on some fresh salmon and it tasted a lot better that way but the mahi was super moist and the veggies were very tasty. After dinner, K and I played with Jalapeno for a little while and treated him to his very first taste of a pistachio.

He was a big fan!!!
Once again this morning, I could not wake up early enough to get a workout in. I am going to have to get this straightened out. It's not like I've been going to bed lately, I am in bed by 10 or 10:30 almost every night. Ugh!
For breakfast, I made some "fried" egg and turkey sausage sammys. K even got cheese on his. I skipped it since I am really trying to watch my calories. I really, really, really want to lose these 10 stupid pounds. Here's a pic of mine sans the cheese and with a side of berries:

I cannot put in words how good these berries are :)~

I got to work and hit the ground running. I have a whole lot coming up over the next few weeks and am trying to prepare what I can now. I hardly noticed the time flying by until my stomach started growling and I noticed it was 10:30 already so I had a handful of pistachios to hold me over til lunch.

I ran home at lunch and heated up a piece of mahi that was leftover and made a bowl of sliced cucumbers topped with some salad vinegar and goat cheese. It was cold and refreshing which was perfect since our heat index is 105 degrees today.

I was still a little hungry after this so I busted out the homemade guacamole and baked corn tortillas from last weekend. It hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment