Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Beach Vacay

I got off work Friday and picked J up from Roy at the Farmer's Market and we ran some errands.We spent Friday night doing laundry and packing for our trip to meet K's family in Perdido Key, FL. We left Saturday morning around 9 and got to the condo around 5, we got a little lost on the way, taking a new route and I fell asleep and didn't keep K on the right path but it wasn't too far out of the way. Ryan, Allison, Matt and Jade were there when we got there. Betty, Kathy, Kyle, Christina, Mary Katherine and Anna Claire got there later, they had gone to mass right before we arrived. Our condo was awesome!!! Here's a link to it: Windemere 1008 
They were very strict on the smoking policy too.

We loved it and had so much fun staying with everyone. It was like a giant slumber party :) The 1st night there, we got a beautiful sunset.
We hung out at the condo and ate and played cards.....pretty much the story of every night we were there!
We got up Sunday and had a ton of sunshine. I went for a 3 mile run to the west of the condo and then we hit outside as soon as we could. J wanted to hit the pool first so we hung out there before the beach.

We flip flopped back and forth from the pool to the beach. The beach surprised me. The oil couldn't be seen in the water, there were little specks on the beach that could be seen when you were on the beach and there was no smell what so ever. The red flags were out but it wasn't because of the oil, it was because there was a storm system in the gulf and the waves were crazy. I have never seen the water down there as rough as it was during this stay. After a long day outside, we all headed up for happy hour and to hang out by the grills and pool while Kyle cooked us steaks for dinner. Before the trip, we decided each couple would be responsible for cooking dinner one night.
I'd say I got quite a bit of sun for one day.

Sunday night was spent just like Saturday night.
I got up Monday morning and went for a 3 mile jog, this time to the east of the condo. It rained on me a little bit. I hoped it would be a quick beach rain but it continued all day. I decided to go ahead and get my meal ready since it takes a while to make the Cajun meatloaf and had to be inside. J, K and I went to the souvenir shop and J got a temporary tattoo of the Browning Deer and to the grocery store to get all of the ingredients for my dinner.

We got back to the condo and had it to ourselves pretty much all day. Everyone else had gone shopping in Foley at the outlet mall. I cooked all day long making Cajun meatloaf, mashed potatoes, butter noodles with Parmesan and roasted broccoli. We finally ate around 9pm and everyone loved it, which I loved. It makes me happy to make people happy with my cooking. After dinner, we stayed up super duper late playing cards. The last time I noticed the time, it was 3am.
I woke up early Tuesday morning to this:

So I went back to sleep! After getting up and hanging around the condo for a while, Christina and I decided to take the kids to the pool because they had some serious cabin fever. So they swam and we stayed under the porch and got some good reading in.


We got hungry and decided that it was a good day to go to the Hula Hula Tiki Bar for a shrimp burger. J, K, Betty and I packed up and headed to Orange Beach. We arrived and found that Melanie's store was still going strong.

I had eaten a big breaky and Betty wasn't that hungry either so we decided to split a burger. They were kinda disappointing. They were good but different and not as good as they had been last year when we were there. K and I guessed the restaurant had been sold because we didn't see the owners that were there every time we went last year. Betty thought the burger was really good and I guess it was if you didn't have the one from last year to compare it to. When we got back to the condo, the storms had stopped so we decided to hit the beach. I got in some more reading time.

J, Matt, Mary Katherine and Anna Claire got in some digging time.


And a father/son combo did not get in the sailing they had hoped for.

The waves and wind were crazy and they could not get their sailboat to stay upright. They eventually said to hell with it and took it apart and left it on the beach. We stayed on the beach and got in all of the sun we could before going back up to the condo. Jade cooked and made us crawfish etouffe for dinner. It was so delish. I stuffed myself and was asleep by 9:30. Everyone was worn out from playing in the waves, drinking on the beach and staying up til 3 the night before.
We were suppose to leave Wednesday but K said if the weather was nice, we would stay another day and we woke up to an absolutely beautiful day!!!
We got down to the beach by 10 and spent the whole day out there, well everyone but poor K. His stomach problems came back and he spent most of the day in the bed. He said he was going to make a doctor's appointment when we got back though :) I soaked up some sun, played with J and the girls, enjoyed more of my book and we all enjoyed the huge waves.

We spent the last night totally chillin and trying to eat up some of the leftovers, played a few hands of cards and called it a night pretty early.
We got up Thursday morning, had some breakfast, packed our bags and hit the road. We got home around 7 and bummed the rest of the night.
Yesterday, J and I went looking for the Wii baseball game he was saving his money for. It took us going to Costco, Sam's and Walmart to find it. We went to see Despicable Me (which was awesome!!!) and then hung out for a little while until it was time to take J to meet his dad. We ate lunch at the theater, which consisted of giant tubs of soft drinks and popcorn. J insisted on saving the popcorn tub to make a mask like the Gremlins had in that movie.
After meeting Jack to drop off J, I went to the grocery store and picked up things to make guacamole and nachos, went to the liquor store and picked up wine and came home and spent a super chill night with my man, some good food, some decent wine and not much goin on from our front porch view. It has been a pretty good week :))))))


No comments:

Post a Comment