Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Boxing, Fish Fry, Church and Smoothie Failure

Friday night, J, K and I went to the Desoto Civic Center for the Showdown on Showtime Boxing matches. K was able to score us some pretty sweet seats and they had a few pretty big name matches. I knew I was going to enjoy it but I had no idea I would have as much fun as I did.

J totally enjoyed it too. He got to meet several of the boxers, got his picture taken with them and was given a Showtime Boxing baseball cap.

J and K with Antonio Tarver

J and K with Fernando Guerrero
The fights went pretty late and we didn't get home until after 1:00am. J couldn't take it and had to have a little siesta on the ride home.

He's such an angel....when he's asleep :)
After finally getting in bed and being almost asleep, I remembered I didn't have any water on the nightstand (have to have it!) so I got up and this is what I found in the kitchen:

My house is full of angels!
We all slept late Saturday after staying up so late. I talked to Heather earlier in the week and we decided to have lunch Saturday since we hadn't seen each other in so long and our schedules were so packed. We met at El Porton (back there for the second time this week). I had one of their chicken tamales and DAMN it was so freakin good. I cooked a big breakfast (blueberry pancakes and cajun smoked sausage) so I wasn't that hungry but I could have easily put away a lot of those. After lunch, I went home and took a little nap. J spent the night with the Feathers clan while K and I went to Matt and Kim Wilson's fish fry. The food was very delish only problem was I waited to long to eat and almost everything was gone. I got 2 little bitty pieces of fish and no hushpuppies :( But I made up for it with some really good spinach dip. After the fish fry, K and I met Cory and Mary at the Half Shell for a few drinks. K ordered some seafood nachos since he hardly ate anything at Matt's and I helped him with those too.
Sunday was a super lazy day, too bad I couldn't sleep. I woke up around 6am and was never able to go back to bed. K and I got hungry and had some Taco Bell for lunch and then I picked up J. We lounged around the rest of the afternoon and then he and I went to the Stirring (Hope's Sunday evening church service). It was a great service and the music was amazing. At the Stirring, they do more rock type music and this time during offering, they actually did "Personal Jesus" by Depeche Mode. It was AWESOME!!!!!

I don't go to the Stirring very often, but every time I do, I enjoy it so much and tell myself I'm going to start attending regularly. I don't know why I don't do it. I signed up for information to volunteer as a greeter during the service so that should be motivation to start going more. After church, I picked up some BBQ sammys from Tops for dinner and we caught up on Big Brother and America's Got Talent and in bed by 9:00.
The "can't sleeps" hit me again and I was up at 3:30am. After tossing around and waking up K a few times, I decided to get up at 5:00 and do some Pilates. I fit in 40 minutes and it felt really good.
I made another gross smoothie without meaning to this morning. I used a triple berry frozen mixture, chocolate protein powder, vanilla soy milk and flaxseed.

The past 2 smoothies I have made have had totally different ingredients except for the flaxseed and they have been horrible. Both times, I upped the amount of flaxseed I used from 1T to 2T so maybe that is the problem. The smoothie didn't make for a happy ride to work but my co-captain did make me happy!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment