Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

The sun has come out....

.....on my mood! I finally feel like my old self for the first time since my oral surgery!!! I couldn't be happier about it either :) I was really starting to get worried about how bad I was feeling, both mentally and physically, which just may have been God's plan to get me back on track. I have done a whole lot more praying than usual and I like it. Prayer absolutely does make a difference. I hate that it takes a down time in my life to bring me closer to God and I am really, really, really going to work on changing that.
I went yesterday and got the stitches out of my mouth and it felt SO GOOD to have them gone and not rubbing against my lip and driving me crazy anymore. There's a small scar but nothing serious and it doesn't show unless I lift my lip up.

I got home a little earlier than usual and used that sweet time for a nap. I was on my own last night because K had a man's night at Matt's to discuss things that need to be done at the hunting camp. I relaxed all night long and only watched the TV shows that I wanted to watch :) which included catching up on my Chelsea Lately's, Big Brother and some HGTV. I had possibly the worst dinner I have ever assembled. I still get a little sick thinking about it. The last time I was at Costco, I bought a box of Feta and Sundried Tomatoe Chicken Burgers, which sounded really good at the time.....not so much! I don't know what was going on in that burger but it was so bad after the 1st few bites. At first, I thought it was going to be pretty good but after 3 or 4 bites, I thought I was going to vomick. I don't know if it was the spice mixture or the texture or what but I am getting woosie just thinking about it. I also had some mac & cheese to go along with it so needless to say I filled up on that. Barf!
I was ready to start over this morning and made myself a triple berry/yogurt/skim milk/protein powder/flaxseed smoothie.
Now I'm back on track. The fridge was running pretty low and I had to scrape for my snacks but I came up with a zucchini that I mixed with some olive oil and some Mrs. Dash fiesta lime seasoning.

A handful of ricework chips.

I decided to go to the grocery on my lunch break and was already getting hungry again before I left the office so I grabbed a few of these:

They are a new snack I decided to try and they are pretty good. I like them better than a regular almond. They did the trick on my belly and I was able to get out of the grocery store without any impulse buys. I did buy a few new things to try out that I have been reading about on other blogs so I'm looking forward to see how I like them. I also needed some lunch and grabbed one of these pizzas that I've never had before:

I didn't hold out much hope for it because I've tried some of the other Amy's frozen entrees and been less than thrilled but how bad can you mess up a pizza? I popped this bad boy in the oven as soon as I got home and YUMMY PIZZAS!!!! It was fantastic :) Score!

The flavors were great and the crust was damn good. It was a little pricey for frozen pizza but after tasting it, I didn't mind one bit and can't wait to try some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment