Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, July 12, 2010

No more lala land

Saturday was spent doing absolutely nothing!!! I woke up with a horrible stomach ache, like none I've ever had. It felt like there was a ball of fire in my tummy and that I would throw up lava at any given moment. We lounged all morning and then K went and picked up lunch. I had a pimento cheese sandwich from Holiday Ham with their tomato bisque for lunch.

After lunch, we did a whole lot more lounging. Betty called and let us know she made it home from the beach and said that Dale had ribs cooking on the grill for her. K and I decided that sounded really good and my stomach was feeling better so he ran to Central BBQ and picked up a slab with all the fixings and some wings and my gosh, it was all so stinking good!
When I woke up Sunday morning, my tummy was hurting again but not as bad. I really wanted to go to church but didn't have it in me to get up and shower and get ready....horrible excuse, I know :(((( I decided to throw on a baseball cap and run to the store and do a little cooking. I got stuff to try my hand at a drunk chicken and some jambalaya, all a first for me. I got back from the store and we made some lunch. I made more guacamole and homemade baked tortilla chips and we also had a sammy to go with it.

I cannot tell you how good the chips and guac are and I bought some bagel thins to make the sandwich and they were yummo too! After we ate, I got everything chopped and prepped and cooking. After everything was going, we set up the redneck riviera and relaxed with magazines by the pool all day. It started raining around 5:30 so it was time to call it a day at the Riviera. I finished the cooking and was halfway thrilled with the results. The drunk chicken was AMAZING! I stuffed some of my fresh rosemary under his skin and in his body cavity and covered the outside of his skin with poultry seasoning. I used half a can of Coors Light with some liquid smoke to stuff inside him and blocked the top hole with a potato. I cooked him in the oven at 350 for 2 hours and then turned the temperature down to 175 for another 3 hours.

It totally fell apart on me when I started pulling it apart. It was moist, tender and delish. The jambalaya on the other hand was a bit of a let down but I learned a good lesson and next time it will be great. It had a super fantastic taste but the rice was wayyyyyyy toooooooo mushy. I let the jambalaya simmer pretty much all day, which would have been ok, if I wouldn't have put the rice in until the end. Next time it will be the bomb though!
The mushy rice didn't stop us from eating it up though. I also made a pot of black eye peas and some wheat rolls to go with everything. After dinner, I decided that I needed a really good laugh so we watched The Hangover again.

It absolutely delivered. I think I had forgotten how funny it was. We laughed a ton and then hit the sack early to head back to work, which means we did not win the powerball drawing Saturday night.
I had full intentions of waking up early this morning and getting a workout in but that didn't happen.  I hoped to get in a bike ride with my man after work but the bottom of the sky just fell out a few minutes ago so I guess I will go with Plan C, the elliptical. The pups refused to go out this morning so I had to force them and then this it what they did:

Refused to leave the door and go potty so I had to leave them outside while I went to work and leave them under K's supervision since he was still in bed enjoying the rain when I left. For breakfast, I made a "fried" egg, turkey sausage mcmuffin with mustard.

It was stinking delish! I knew I wouldn't be home for lunch because I needed a pedicure so I packed this plethora of veggies (carrots, bell peppers and cucumbers) and fruits (cherries, blueberries and strawberries) with a turkey/ham sammy to eat at the office.

The blueberries were so so so so so so good! After lunch, I ran over to the County Commission meeting because there was a resolution to take away a lot of our vacation/sick/bonus days that they were suppose to be voting on. Surprisingly enough, they decided to push the vote back for two more meetings, which will be after the election. Politicians SUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment