Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Midtown-Shelby Farms Greenline explored for first time

After work yesterday, the rains cleared up for a little bit so K and I took advantage and jumped on our bikes. The skies didn't look like we would have time to make it the Shelby Farms and the trails wouldn't have been ridable anywho so we headed west to ride the High Point neighborhood. A few miles into the ride, we came upon an opening to the Midtown-Shelby Farms greenline, which we had been wondering where we could pick it up since everywhere you see it near our house, it is running under bridges. We decided to explore it and got on at Highland. We rode it all the way past White Station. We got off before hitting I-240 so we could know exactly where a pick up point was for it close to the house. We had a good ride, especially after we got on the greenline considering we didn't have to worry about being run over anymore. Here are our stats:
Not too bad, especially considering K was working with a knee that was still sore. After our ride, we got cleaned up and decided to have a couple of cocktails. Last weekend, I went looking for the Morgan Metallico Chardonnay that I had on K's birthday at Flight and couldn't find it so I picked up another bottle of chardonnay that said it had a lot of fruity tastes in it including green apple and mango.

It was decent but it did not compare to the Morgan Metallico and I like a pinot grigio better so I doubt I will be a repeat buyer. While hanging with my man and the doggies and enjoying no responsibilities, I snacked on one of my all-time fave snacks since K didn't want to eat until late.

I love love love love love anything dipped in Sabra hummus but especially a delish tortilla :) After watching some of the MLB Home Run Derby and Jaws (yes, the original was on and it was hi-sterical) we caught up on Big Brother (a new season started last Saturday ((((:) and ate dinner. Left over drunk chicken, jambalaya and some premade cous cous that I got at Costco and tasted pretty good. The storms went crazy right before we went to bed and lasted through the night. 
I made a super duper huge smoothie this morning. I used 2 servings of the triple berry yoplait smoothie mix and added some protein powder, flax seed and soy milk. I didn't mean to make it so big but it was the 1st time I used the yoplait frozen mix and didn't realize there were 2 servings in each little bag, so I was still enjoying my smoothie as I drove to work in the icky weather.
 
I had a dentist appointment at noon about the infection that has been festering on my front tooth and didn't receive great news. I am scheduled to get apical osseous surgery next week and am hoping that will fix the problem. Apparently, it is some kind of almost reverse root canal. If it works, everything will be good. The crown doesn't have to be removed or anything for the procedure. They cut a whole in the roof of my mouth and go in that way instead of going in through the tooth so that will rock, if it works out. If not, I have to get an implant, which I will not be happy with at all. We will see. After my appointment, I had a meeting about an upcoming Sex Offender Saturation we have coming up and then grabbed a late lunch. I packed another sammy like I had yesterday, grabbed some shredded cabbage and tossed it with ponzu and Thai sweet chili sauce and had some more of the oh so good in my tummy blueberries :)


No comments:

Post a Comment