Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

K's maiden voyage

I couldn't wait to get home from work so K and I could go test out his new bike. We went out to Shelby Farms and rode the Tour de Wolf and the Chickasaw Trails. The tour de wolf was fun and exciting as always (it is a 6.91 mile trail that is mostly wooded). We only crossed paths with one no shoulders and I only got flung off my bike twice. K loved his bike and said it was super comfortable, except the grips. They were very slippery. He is going to have to get new ones and I am going to have to remember to wear my helmet. My noggin was awfully close to a tree one of the times I popped off. Here are our time stats:

Not bad. We decided that we will start kinda training for a duathalon by riding the tour de wolf and then running the chickasaw. I think I am as excited about his bike as he is. I love having someone to ride with and now once the weather gets nice, we can ride to Midtown for lunches or drinks on a patio. I LOVE doing that! And also love it because I love riding the trails but am a scaredy cat and won't do it alone. I need someone to go in front of me to clear the no shoulders and I need someone there in case there is a major injury since I come off my bike pretty regularly.
After our ride, we were pretty hungry and I didn't have anything at the house to cook. I've been craving some Vietnamese so we went to Pho Saigon. We started with a shrimp spring roll.
+
K ordered the beef with mixed vegetables and rice dish and I had the vermicelli with pork and shrimp bowl. I was not excited about K's choice but it was better than I thought. The gravy that came with it was pretty tasty and my vermicelli bowl was yummy as always. And as always, I forgot to snap a pic until we were already eating so here's our mess more than halfway through.
By the time we finished, it was pretty late (in our minds at least) and we went home and went straight to bed.
This morning I did 45 minutes of the elliptical/strength circuit before getting ready for work. For breaky, I had a Fiber One blueberry muffin that I baked last night, a "fried" egg with cheese and salsa and some grapes. Today I used Pam for the egg instead of butter and it was just as delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment