Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Church and Fellowship

Wednesday after work, I rushed home to get changed for church and begged K to have something for dinner ready when I got home since I wouldn't be back until around 8. He asked what I wanted and I told him all I wanted was to not have to make any decisions.....so this is what I got:
Pizza with no veggies and hot wings. Guess that's what happens when you leave dinner up to a man. Oh well, at least I got fed and didn't have to lift a finger. Right before bed, K went outside to move his truck into the driveway and found a locust on our front porch step that was coming out of his skin. Neither one of us had ever seen that happen. It was pretty cool watching it. Here's how he looked when he was all the way out.
Yesterday morning, I slept through another workout and woke up still stuffed from all of the pizza the night before so I packed some fruit to eat with some pistachios when I got hungry at work.

Work was extremely intense yesterday. We had meetings with the U.S. Marshalls and began our planning phase for a Sex Offender Round Up Operation that we will be doing the week after next. There is so so so much planning that has to be done and it's almost overwhelming for a wing it kinda girl like me but I took a boss's position and this is part of it so I will get through it. The whole day was spent doing something pertaining to Operation Predator Watch but I was able to get away at lunch at make me something extra special and yummy. I started with some cabbage, bell peppers and cucumbers and tossed them with this really good marinade to give it an Asian taste.

This stuff is the bomb! After tossing the veggies with this, I added some cayenne pepper too.
I should have taken the  pic before I tossed all of it because it looks kinda yucky and it had looked really pretty but it tasted awesome. After that, I topped the salad with some chicken pot stickers.

It was superb! It had hot and cold combined, which I love more than anything :) I was extremely pleased with my new lunch invention....the only thing that could have made it better would have been some fresh jalapeno slices.
After work, Melanie, Mom and I met at El Porton for dinner. I had talked to Melanie a few weeks ago about how I was worried about mom and she just wasn't seeming like herself since the blood clots. Melanie offered to meet us for dinner and give her the once over and any needed counseling/advice etc. Since then, Mom has improved drastically but we still decided to go since I haven't seen Mel in a while and I like getting Mom out of the house. We had a great time and our dinners were good too. I had shrimp fajitas.

After dinner, I went over to Mel's to BS and pick up some clothes of Jake's that he left the last time he was there. I had 2 beers and the whole order of fajitas and was feeling really dumpy so when I got home, I did 45 on the elliptical while K and I caught up on Big Brother. They voted the saboteur (Annie) off and kept the horrible big boobed girl with the annoying laugh from Las Vegas. I'm not happy about that move. It was fun watching the saboteur mess with the house guests and ole Red BUGS!
I slept through another workout this morning....WHAT"S THE DEAL? :( I gotta get on track! I made a tropical fruit smoothie with chocolate protein powder, flax seed and chocolate soy milk. Note to self, chocolate and mangos do not go! It wasn't so great but I got it down.

Ok, off to work....I have lots of planning to do. Oy vey!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment