Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Whoa!

The last few days have been sickening or crazy. I spent pretty much the whole weekend feeling under the weather because of my tooth and Monday and Tuesday have been spent rounding up Sex Offenders. Friday night has been the only saving grace to the whole thing. K and I packed up a cooler of drinks and snacks and met Sis, John, Cory, Mary, Dawn, Jeff and some of Dawn and Jeff's neighbors at the Botanic Garden for the Al Green concert. It was so good and so much fun despite the heat.
Here's Al belting it out:
And our more than enough picnic:

And Sis and John having a good time:

The Gardens:

And the beautiful full moon after the sun went down:

Al put on a fantastic show and we had lots of fun. After the show, K started talking crazy about wanting to go to the Half Shell but luckily I was able to talk him out of that and into coming home and pressure washing the sidewalk at midnight.

The next morning is when I woke up with my tooth throbbing. I thought a little sunshine might help so K and I hung out in the Riviera for a little while but it didn't help so I retreated to the house for a nap and K thought that was a pretty fantastic idea too. We slept until 6ish and decided on dinner and a movie. I have been hearing great and crazy things about Inception so we went to Houston's for dinner and then thought we would catch Inception at the Paradiso but we were stuffed after dinner and I wasn't sure I would be able to stay awake so we settled on some rentals from blockbuster. We got home and put The Green Zone in and Taco and I were headed for sleep within 45 minutes.
Sunday morning did not bring any relief to my tooth so I laid around whining all day. We watched our other two movies, Men that stare at goats and 9 dead. They were both very odd. We got ready and went to the Stirring church service and then dinner at Sharky's. After dinner, we went straight to bed since I had to be up at 4:15 to get to work.
I spent Monday from 5:30am until 9:00pm working with my team and the US Marshals doing the first ever Sex Offender mass round up for the sheriff's office. I got home, ate some dinner and went back to bed. Was back on the roads this morning at 5:00am and am finally back at the office. Our operation was a success. We did verifications on every one of our offenders, rounded up 9 more absconders, seized 16 guns and about 3 ounces of marijuana. I am exhausted and still have a ton to do but wanted to get the blog caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment