Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Vacation Practice

Things got crazy busy at work when I got back after my Swanky's chicken nacho lunch. I kinda regretted it after I ate it but I have had a Mexican food craving for a few days now so I gave in and I sure did enjoy it while I was eating it. The pico de gallo and guacamole was so fresh and by the time I got it home, the chips were a little soft after soaking up the cheese sauce, just they way I love.

I was suffering from lack of sleep something fierce and got back to work and got my ass kicked. I had to go in full speed plus some trying to track down some information a prosecutor from Alabama needs for a trial coming up on Thursday that I have to testify in. After going so hard for those few hours, I felt re energized and decided not to skip the workout I had already decided against. At lunch, K said he was going to go for a run so I tried to catch him in time for us to go to Shelby Farms but I missed him, so I grabbed my bike and rode all around our hood. I managed to do 8.91 miles even though I seriously considered going back home after only a full block.
After my ride, K and I decided to head up to Mortimer's, the little neighborhood restaurant down the street, for 40 cent oysters. I had a dozen and a half a cup of red beans and rice and a side order of Italian Spinach. The oysters were small but very tasty and the spinach was delish. I could've eaten a quart of it I think. I forgot to take a pic until I was halfway through.

After dinner, we came home and went straight to bed. I am so exhausted, have not had one good night's rest since Mom was sent to the hospital. I am trying and trying to give it all to God but when I lay down, it is like a surge of energy races through me like some kind of caffeine high and my mind just races. I couldn't take another night of that so I broke down and took an ambien and finally slept like a baby. I felt so good this morning when I woke up, can't remember feeling this way in a while :) I'm going to suffer through it tonight though. I don't want to get dependent.

No comments:

Post a Comment