Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Break me out of these 4 walls

I got home last night and decided that the Wednesday before I leave for vacay is not the time to start a new running program so I got out the elliptical and my bosu ball and did 45 minutes of sweat inducing cardio while watching the 1st episode of Jillian's new show "Losing it with Jillian". After working out, I made dinner for K and I. Last weekend, I read an article that talked about Americans eating too much red meat and what a greater risk for heart disease that it puts you at. I started thinking about our diet and we eat A LOT of red meat. It is almost always lean red meat so I thought we were ok but obviously not. So I decided to start watching how much I serve at the house and to start incorporating some completely meatless options into our home dining. I am also going to start watching how much I eat, the article said no more than 18 ounces/week. So far this week (starting with Monday) I have not had any!! Last night I made us some stuffed bell peppers with a Mexican meatless twist. Instead of mixing ground beef with rice and tomato sauce, I used black beans. I also added some chili powder, cumin and pepper jack cheese. I also made some roasted corn on the cob, marinated and spicy tomatoes and a southwestern caesar salad. It was all pretty yummy and K did not miss the meat at all!
After dinner, we caught up a little on some of our TV shows and I talked to Stace. Her dad and step mom are being complete asses about her wedding so her and Jett are going to have a little wedding weekend down in Seaside, FL at the end of the summer. Just a handful of people and very low key. I am so excited! It sounds a lot like what I had thought K and I might do when the time comes. I think she will be a lot happier this way anywho. Planning a wedding sucks ass and then it is all over and what was the point besides a lot of stress and money spent?

I had to get up early this morning and head down to Florence, AL for a federal trial for some goof ass from Memphis. I was able to squeak out enough time to make an egg and cheese English muffin for breaky and had a peach to go with it.Anyways, goof ass was pulled over down here on some part of Federal land for DUI and then went on to impersonate himself as a SCSO officer. He was issued a special deputy commission by Jack Owens in 1989!!!!!! He still had his commission card and used it to try and prove his point even though it says it expires August 1990, he also altered his tags to try and make them look like FOP tags. The prosecutor promised it would be very quick and painless for me and I should have known better for trusting an attorney. Here it is, almost 1:30pm and I have been sitting here for over 4 hours, without a lunch break and not one in sight and no idea when I am going to get to testify. I am really hoping I get home at a decent hour! So for now here is where I sit:

No comments:

Post a Comment