Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Awesome find!

On my way to pick J up from basketball camp I had a little friend ride along with me.

I love ladybugs! This one did not have any red on her though, so I wasn't as in love with her as I am with most of them.
 I snagged J and we decided to ride to Jerry's Sno Cone to see what all the hype was about that place lately.

The parking lot was packed when we got there and it took quite a while to get J's sno cone but shazaam it was worth the wait and those were J's exact words after taking the first bite of his cotton candy sno cone supreme.

A sno cone supreme is whatever flavor sno cone you want mixed with soft serve ice cream and it truly, truly, truly was the best sno cone I have ever eaten in my life. J let me have 2 bites without incident but on my third one he got all possessive so it was my last which was ok since I am trying to lose my extra poundage. We got home and I took a small nap before dinner. My jaw has been extremely sore for a few days and I think it must be wearing me down. I've always had problems with it popping but now it is hurting too. No bueno! Speaking of Mexican....that's what we decided to have for dinner. Well that's what K and I decided on, J was against it, swearing up and down that he hated it (like he always does). We went to El Mezcal (or Elmo's Cow, as J use to call it when he was a tee tiny tike). J has actually been really good about trying new things lately so I decided to see if we could keep the ball of change rolling. I ordered a cheese enchilada and a beef taco w/ guac and pico, K ordered the Ultimate Tacos (good story behind these to follow too) and J ordered a chicken quesadilla, a beef taco and cheese dip. I also got an order of tamales for the table. The cheese dip, salsa, chips and guac came out immediately and luckily I was able to fend these enemies off for the most part in thanks to my sore jaw and desire to drop some lbs. Our food came out and looked delicious. I was happy with all of my cheesy goodness and J was extremely happy with the taste of his, including the tamales. I love when he broadens his horizons! But K, now that was a different story, he was already in a little bit of a testy mood thinking about things going on at work and when he started trying to eat his tacos, they fell apart every time he picked one up and it absolutely pissed him off. It put him in such a foul mood and I couldn't help but laugh. Of course, it was ridiculous that he was getting so angry over tacos but I know how it feels to let something ever so slight send you over the edge when you are having a not so great day. I started poking at him and making fun of him and wound up making him laugh and be in a better mood. I just love that I have found someone that I love so much that when they are being ridiculous, it makes me laugh and want to make them happy instead of pissing me off and making me angry at them. I think he was happy I was there to snap him out of his mood too. Later that night, when I was dying laughing at him over it again, he swore up and down that he was so made, he was about to throw a taco across the dining room so of course now we have a huge joke about being mad enough to fling a taco.
I got up this morning and decided to give my heel a rest so I went on a nice bike ride. My legs were really tired in the beginning but after about 20 minutes felt fine. I did a 9.53 mile ride in 51 minutes. It was pretty muggy out even though it wasn't that hot yet and I was drenched when I got home. I decided to try a new breakfast. I microwaved some Kashi Lean cereal, chocolate soy milk and a scoop of peanut butter. It smelled yummo!

But IT WAS NOT!!! After the 1st bite, I tried to convince myself I could choke it down but I couldn't so I got half a grapefruit and some cashews to replace the puke.

After getting ready and getting J up and ready for camp, I decided I needed a little more food so I heated up a spinach pancake and a buffalo chicken smoked sausage. Way better than the original mess I made. Later at work, I started getting hungry but wanted to have a pretty late lunch so I ate the rest of the fruit that was left over from our lake weekend.

The dual breakfast and fruit snack was enough to hold me off until around 2:00 for my lunch. I grabbed a plate lunch from Whole Foods last night when I was in getting the ingredients for my marvelous breakfast....riiiiiight!

I tried one of their mock crab cakes (made with tofu) for the 1st time and it was really, really tasty. I had the grilled asparagus and Mexican spiced sweet potatoes with it. There would have been no way in the world someone could have told me two years ago that I would be eating "mock" meat and enjoying it on a somewhat regular basis. I need to start incorporating it into my diet more.

No comments:

Post a Comment