Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Come on weekend!

Yesterday was crazy hot and Even though I was hungry, nothing heavy or hot sounded good and I needed to run to Midtown to the Outdoor Inc. shop because I decided on a birthday present for K. I had been going back and forth between getting him a grill or a bike and finally decided that I could make a better decision without his input on a bike so I wanted to go window shopping instead of waiting til the last minute like I usually do. I stopped at my favorite Chick-Fil-A while I was in Midtown. Even though it is my favorite one, this was the first time I ate there. It is my favorite because of the story behind it. Where it is located, use to be a very old and beautiful church. The church went under for whatever reason and Chick-Fil-A bought the property. When they tore the church down, they left part of the front wall and turned that area into an outdoor eating place. A lot of people in Memphis were pissed off about them tearing the church down to build a restaurant but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Chick-Fil-A didn't force the church to sell their property and if they wouldn't have bought it, someone else would have and I think it's cool that they left part of the history there.

I had some iced tea and the southwestern grilled chicken salad. It's cool and crunchy texture and spicy taste really hit the spot!

After lunch, I ran over to Outdoor Inc. and found an awesome bike for Kennon but they didn't have it in his size. The guy called around and found one for me at the Cordova location. I swung by there and put a deposit down on it. I'm so excited about it and hope K loves it. If he doesn't, I will take it cuz it's awesome! It is a Gary Fisher Tarpon.

After work, K and I went to Shelby Farms to get in a workout. He ran the Chickasaw trail and I rode my bike. I did 2 loops around the Chickasaw trail and one loop around Patriot Lake for a total of 7.23 miles. The hills on the trail were a bit challenging. My breathing issues are still very confusing. It was still hot as Hades and while we were there, we saw one of the bisons cooling off in a mud puddle. He was so cute!

We decided to watch game #7 of the NBA championship and order take out for dinner. I ran up to Pei Wei and picked up up some lettuce wraps, veggie friend rice and crab wontons.

It hit the spot perfectly and was more satisfying than the game! The Lakers came from behind and beat the Celtics. Yuck! I hate Kobe Bryant :(((((
I wanted to work out this morning but slept in because I didn't sleep well last night. I made cheese toast with deli thins for breakfast and had some cherries with it. For lunch, I ran home to meet the oven repairman and had leftover veggie rice from last night and half a whole wheat pita with some hummus. The lunch was good but the repair wasn't. He has to order the part to fix it and it won't be in until the middle of next week. Several more nights of take out. Now I am at the office waiting on quitting time! Oh how I love Fridays!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment