Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Great weekend for me, not so much for K

After work Friday, I ran by Schnuck's and grabbed some groceries to take out on the boat for Saturday and K and I packed our bags and hit the road, headed towards Pickwick. Sis and John were not far behind us. By the time K and I got on the road, it was already 6:45 and we were both pretty hungry so we decided to grab some Wendy's burgers and eat while riding. They tasted pretty yummy but I could tell almost immediately they weren't going to make me feel great. We made it to the lake house and I got to work making some pasta salad for the next day. Sis and John made it about an hour later and we hung out at the house, having a few drinks and talking. John and K went out and hit a few late night golf balls while Sis and I relaxed on the deck. We wound up talking until 1a.m. We made it to bed and woke up Saturday morning to a thunderstorm. I was not happy about the rain and neither were the pups, luckily it moved out by 10ish!

We gathered all of our cleaning supplies and started to make our way to the boat. We stopped at Fred's on the way so we could grab a few noodles to relax with once we were out on the water.

While I was shopping, I also came across this:

Not a cool visual to start the day with!!!!!
We made it to the boat and had to wait a little bit for Lewis to pull us to the launch so we got busy cleaning. The cover was covered with pollen and bird poop so we folded it up and stuck it in K's truck so we could use the hose to clean it at the house. We were able to get all of the mildew and mold off the seats and counters with some Clorox spray and then rinsed it all off when we got to the water. K and I scrubbed the shade cover and got the pollen off it it. We all cleaned the pollen off the outside and worked on the mildew on the carpet. We weren't able to get it all off of there so will finish it later with some carpet cleaner. We were relaxing on a sparkling boat in a quiet cove in no time!

We fixed some rotisserie chicken roll ups, pasta salad and fruit for lunch and then just hung out on the boat and in the water the rest of the day. K came down with a sinus infection Thursday night and being outside and getting so hot must have made it worse. By the end of the day, he was hurting pretty bad. We got off the lake a little after 6 and went home and cleaned up. We went over to Jon's Pier for dinner. We started dinner off with a spinach/artichoke dip and a crab and shrimp dip. The spinach dip was delish, the crab was ok. I had the chicken cordon pier with a loaded potato, K had the prime rib sandwich and Sis and John split a salad and the fish of the day. Mine was good and of course I sampled K's. His was pretty good too and Sis and John were satisfied with theirs. All in all, it exceeded my expectations and I am glad we tried it out. We will be back. After dinner, we went back to the lake house and hung out in the back. We listened to music, built a campfire, talked, drank and then went and laid out on the golf course and studied the constellations. We had so much fun staring up at the sky and figuring out where all the different stars were. We wound up having another late night, we stayed out there past 1 a.m.

The sky is so amazing when you are out in the country! When we first got out there, we could already see a ton of stars but the later it got, the more we could see and then around midnight, we were able to see the milky way. It was so neat!!!! I'm not sure if I have ever seen it before. If I have, it was when I was a kid. Truly amazing to see and think about all that God has done.
Sissy, John and I got up Sunday morning and went to R&B's BBQ to grab some dinner. K stayed in bed because his sinus infection was so bad. I had half of a garbage omelet, some loaded hash browns and a few bites of cheese grits. I took the leftovers back to K and Sissy gave him some Tylenol Sinus which had him feeling a little better. Sis and I cleaned the boat cover and her and John went and put it back on the boat while K and I stayed so I could finish the laundry. K and I went out to his hunting land to check on things and to fire up his 4 wheeler since it had been sitting so long. We went for a little ride around part of the property but K was still feeling horrible so we called it quits after 20 minutes or so and headed back to Memphis. I was hoping for some catfish for dinner but K didn't feel like he could make it out once we got home so I picked up some burgers from BK when I went to get J. Sunday's meals was way less than ideal and I have got to take charge of what I put in my mouth!!!!! I am thinking about getting back on Weight Watchers. I have to do something, this extra 10(15) pounds is really bothering me.

Josh Pastner's basketball camp started this morning. J is super excited. Jackson Stanley was suppose to be going to the same session but we didn't see him while we were registering but there were a ton of people.

Coach Pastner was there bright and early to talk to the boys.

I hope he's having lots of fun. K went to the doctor and got lots of drugs to help cure him and is at home in bed now, so hopefully he will be better soon. I'm about to eat some lunch (leftover rotisserie chicken and pasta salad) and then finish my work day out before I pick J up.

No comments:

Post a Comment