Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Regularly Scheduled Days

I went home Tuesday night with full intentions of working out and then having some type of light dinner since I still can't use the oven but that did not happen. I had a couple of beers and some cheez-its while trying to get our vacation pics uploaded unto facebook. I wasn't too worried about what to eat because the hops and cheez-its had taken the edge of my hunger when K decided he wanted to go to Houston's and since it is one of my favorite restaurants, I wasn't about to refuse. We got there and had about a 45 minute wait so we hung out in the bar people watching like we always do while I sipped on a pinot grigio and he partook in some whiskey. For dinner, I suggested he get the Hawaiian rib eye and he finally listened to me and loved it. I had to try a few bites and it was as tasty as I remembered. I had the french dip. It was delish but I don't think it was quite as good as J. Alexander's. I subbed a side of braised red cabbage for the french fries. It did not disappoint!


By the time we got through with all of this, it was pretty much bed time, which was cool with me! I set my alarm clock to get up early and work out but once again my workout plans fell through when I reset the clock around 3:30am when I was having a bout of insomnia. I skipped the smoothie this morning because it seemed like the past 2 days when I had a smoothie, I was even more hungry than usual, which makes no sense but that's how it went down. I got a little hungry around 9:30am had a banana and some cherries.
 

I couldn't leave the office for lunch since I was leaving work early to take J to get his medical check up so he will be allowed to go to his camps. I brought leftovers from the other night's dinner of BBQ Lime Shrimp and Corn and gobbled that down in between doing employee evaluations and running across the street to get my vehicle registration.

I got J to the doc and he was extremely pissed at me because I didn't know he was due for some vaccines and told him there would be no shots and we got there and he had to have a chickenpox and Hep-A vaccine. Oops! He freaked out but was glad when I offered up a prize for him if he would just calm down. We went to Target after and he got 2 new sets of baseball cards. We went home and relaxed for a few before grabbing K, heading to Gus's to pick up some chicken and over to Mom and Roy's to share that deliciousness with them!

Mom and Roy had never had it before and it was super tasty last night!!!! The last few times I've had it, it was good but nothing special. Last night's chicken was the kind they became famous for. So damn good! After dinner, we hung out with them and watched So You Think You've Got Talent. I'd never seen it before. It was the try outs for the show and I think it was better than the American Idol try outs. Hi-sterical! Mom seemed super happy to have us over and I was glad to see her looking like she felt better. When we left, I went to hug her like I always do and it seemed like she hugged me a little harder than normal and held on for longer too. I kinda like this new touchy, feely mom! She's always been a wonderful mom but is very stoic and not much on emotions. It was nice to see that side of her! Maybe I should take a lesson from her now.
We got home and I picked up around the house a little since Paulette was coming today and then went to bed at a decent time. I set my alarm clock to wake up this morning and work out and actually stuck with it! I got up at 5:00 and did some circuit training for 45 minutes while I caught up on 2 episodes of Chelsea. I would do 10 minutes on the elliptical and then follow it with 5 minutes of strength and repeated the circuit 3 times. I liked adding the strength to my elliptical. It broke up the monotony of it. For breakfast, I toasted a whole wheat pita and spread some hummus on it and followed it with a banana.

No comments:

Post a Comment