Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Vacation Countdown

I was able to finally break free from the courthouse yesterday at about 3:00. We never had a lunch break so I was starving and stopped at McD's and picked up a cheeseburger, small fries and an unsweet tea before making the drive back to Memphis.

Not healthy but hey it's better than the large #2 with a DP which is what I usually would get. And it was my first serving of beef this week so I've got 14 ozs. left that I can eat between now and Sunday. It really hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be.

When I got home, K and I took Margo on a 3 1/4 mile walk around the hood and we timed it perfect. Got home just before the storms crashed in.
Margo started out full of energy and acting like a lunatic but after about the 2nd mile, she was spent. Here she is when we got home, DYING to get inside and lie down.
I also noticed, to my great delight, that my shape up shoes had been delivered while we were out. I immediately put them on and started testing them out. They make me about 2 inches taller than I already am and they have supa cushiony soles. I think I am going to like them even though they are dog butt ugly!
After playing around with my new shoes for a while and getting showered up, I made dinner. I heated up the left over black bean stuffed peppers and roasted some broccoli and squash. It was mighty tasty. We spent the rest of the night getting ready for vacay and catching up on our TV shows. We went to bed and I did not sleep well so I skipped my morning workout AGAIN :( and I still felt so full from dinner that I skipped breakfast. Day didn't start out on the right foot by any means. I did sport my new shape ups to work though and by lunch time my calves were on fire. They must be doing something. As a result of skipping breaky, I was starving by 9:45am so I grabbed a handful of peanuts to tide me over til I could get something to eat.

I ran to the nail place to get my toes done at lunch and then ran over to Bogie's and grabbed a shrimp salad sandwich and some broccoli/bacon salad and now I am just riding out the rest of the day and waiting on the second until I am officially on vacation time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment