Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Back to reality

Back to work yesterday wasn't quite as bad as I expected. I think it may have had to do with coming off of such a wonderful vacation, truly getting some quality relaxation in and getting 2 1/2 days to transition at home before having to come back. For breakfast, I made K and I some yummy chocolate strawberry smoothies with strawberries, Rob Roy chocolate protein powder, vanilla soy milk and flax seed. For lunch, I met Marcy at the Beauty Shop and had one of the best salads I have had in a while. The Thai Cobb Salad was out of this world. It was a traditional cobb without any chicken and bacon and in place had crispy duck, served with a mint green goddess dressing. It was amazing. I left work early and Bill took me out to the substation to pick up a loaner car while my rear bumper is being repaired. I ran by Whole Foods and picked up stuff for BBQ Lime Shrimp and Corn on the grill. K and I relaxed while we got things ready and had a few cocktails. Dinner was pretty tasty but it wasn't worth all the effort I had to put into the marinade. I highly doubt I will be making this again. It originally appealed to me because it seemed like something simple to throw on the grill, which is exactly what we need right now considering our oven is broken but the marinade took quite a while to make.

After dinner, we caught up on some TV and went to bed. This morning, I made us smoothies again but this time they were made from strawberries, banana, tropical dreamsicle protein powder, vanilla soy milk and flax seed. Right before my staff meeting, I had some cashew butter on a deli flat and a peach. I met K for lunch at Holiday Ham and had some of their spicy cheese dip and a traditional club.

I was stuffed after all that and ran by the house and grabbed about 25 minutes worth of cat napping before I went back to work. I'm spending this afternoon doing employee evaluations so will definitely feel like another nap when I get through. I have got to get a workout in sometime today!!!!
I talked to mom today, she went to see the neurosurgeon yesterday and didn't receive much news. One of the clots has gone down and the other one looks like it is still the same. The doctor said they would do another scan in a month. They are not giving her any answers as to why this happened, how it happened or how to prevent it from happening again. I'm frustrated by the lack of answers and mom is frustrated by everything. She isn't hurting as bad but still has no energy to do anything and can barely eat. She told me that she is very depressed and feels desperate. She mentioned that if this was going to be her demise, she'd rather it just go ahead and happen. I don't like hearing her talk like that! That is not the mom that I know. Hopefully she will get some strength back and start to feel better. Lots of prayers til she does.

No comments:

Post a Comment