Search This Blog

Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Will I ever catch up?

Not only can I not keep up on here, I haven't come up for air at work yet but I think I may see a light at the end! This week has blown by. While I was out of town last weekend, Puggy died unexpectedly and Sissy has been going through a really rough time. I grabbed some lunch and some happies at Whole Foods and ran by to check on her and hang out for a few.
My sushi bowl and her card.
After work, I went out to mom and Roy's for dinner with my little man. Mom made pork chops, mashed potatoes, turnip greens and fried okra....DAMN :) After dinner and a little visiting, we rushed home to do the shower/homework/lunch packing/get ready for bed thing.
Tuesday was normal: Morning workout, healthy breaky, work, lunch w/ K, more work, J's karate and a 2.5 miler for me, back home for dinner, red beans & rice that had been cooking in the crock pot all day.

Tuesday's breaky of a bagel thin with almond butter and banana and some Greek yogurt.
Wednesday was normal too: early  morning workout, smoothies for me and little man, work, lunch at the house, more work, pick up J and rush off to church for Wednesday night church and dinner which was chicken & dumplings, turnip greens, black eye peas and ice cream. The new teaching pastor (Rufus) did the Real Discipleship class and it started out on shaky grounds, I wasn't sure if I was going to like him but he won me over by the time it was all done. He is super smart and has an incredibly dry sense of humor.....which is my favorite! After church, J shocked me with his school picture proofs. I really don't need to explain myself, just need to show it, so here it is:
I tried to find out what happened with his hair because it DID NOT look like that when we left the house. I never really did find out because I was too busy laughing every time I would look at him or the picture and he was too busy being mad at me and acting like his feelings were hurt. Did I buy them? Oh yes I did! And I cannot wait to look back at it for years to come and still laugh like I did the other night :) Glad I'm not the only one with embarrassing pictures from the past!
Thursday was not our "normal" Thursday. Early workout, healthy breaky and off to work were the only normal parts. After that, I met Heather at church for lunch and shopping at the Hope Market and got a whole lot of Christmas shopping knocked out, all of K's family except Ryan as a matter of fact :) After that, I had the Key Indicator meeting, picked up J, talked him into skipping karate, ran to pick up some tuna to sear for dinner and ran by Walgreen's to pick up some accessories for his Halloween ninja costume. We went home, cooked and ate and caught up on a lot of our shows with K.
This morning was an early workout, off to work, Bill's last day in our office, lunch with Amber at India Palace (my 1st time to eat at an Indian Restaurant.....loved the food, hate the way I smell now) and some end of the week work. K left for his 1st weekend of hunting so it's me and J this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment