Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ribs, Boys, Bad Weather and Walks

K and I really, really love his new grill and I love that he loves it because it's less work for me! Here's a shot of it since I forgot to get  one the 1st time we used it.

Sunday we wanted to smoke some ribs but the weather didn't work with us so we saved it for last night.
The weather was very warm so we were able to sit outside and chill with a drink while the ribs smoked and J and Luke played ball.

The ribs turned out great. They weren't quite as tender as we wanted but still decent and the marinade and smoke flavor was perfect. I mixed up a dry rub and K coated the ribs with mustard and the dry rub and smoked those babies. I whipped up some potato salad, baked beans and garlic cheese biscuits. It was a fantastic dinner! Thankfully, I was able to get a good night's rest even though I stuffed my belly with as much food as I possibly could. I got up this morning and did some strength training and whipped up a smoothie to try and counterbalance all that happened during that dinner. We had some pretty bad storms roll in after I got to work but they cleared up enough after lunch to let me get in a 3 mile walk.


I still had some dinner to work off. The temperature had dropped significantly but the rain was gone so I trekked on down to the riverwalk. The rain clouds were still lingering and it was very pretty.
Looking to the North.

And a shot to the south. I may hate this weather but I can't argue that it isn't beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment