Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Carrie Underwood, date night, 9 miles and Marcy time

After work Friday, I met all the girls at Heather's before the Carrie Underwood concert.














We finally made it to the concert around 7:30 after waiting forever for everyone to get there. Heather managed to get us awesome seats by joining the Carrie Underwood fan club. (That cracks me up just typing it!)
I sat with April, Heather and Vicky up close.
Candace and April H. and their girls weren't far behind us.
This is Carrie on the jumbotron when she first came out. She put on a really great show. The special effects were perfect but nothing topped her voice. She is such a cute and humble and gracious girl. It's nice to see a star that isn't completely full of themselves.
Later in the show she came out on this truck that circled over the crowd. It was great! After the concert, April, Heather, Vicky and I went to Brendalay's in Arlington and met up with Jason and Greg Word for a couple of drinks. I made it home around 1:45 and slept til 10:00 the next morning. It was so nice to sleep in. K came home from hunting at lunch and we lounged around the house all day long watching college football. Longhorns and LSU lost so it wasn't a great day for us. K took a long nap too and had trouble getting to his feet when he woke up!
I thawed us out some jambalaya for lunch but didn't like the way it tasted so I had smores for lunch.
After the LSU game, we went to Fleming's to have a few drinks and some dinner. I had the wedge salad and the lobster tempura, he had the peppercorn strip and we split some Fleming's potatoes. It was perfecto! And we were home and in bed by 10:00. We are getting so weak! Sunday morning, I got up early and knocked out my 9 miles.

There was more of the greenline opened which was perfect since I didn't have to double back to make all of my mileage. The trail now ties into the Cherokee trail at Shelby Farms. I am so glad to have it available. I went early to get my 9 miles since it was suppose to rain and I almost made it home without getting wet. It started raining at mile 8 so I had to pick up the pace a little bit. I went to Whole Foods to get us some lunch and then came back home and watched some football in between napping. K and I went up to Swanky's for dinner and Marcy and JJ met us there. We stayed up there a little later than we planned and got home in time to go to bed. I overslept this morning and didn't have time for a workout or breakfast. I feel mucho fato!

No comments:

Post a Comment