Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

K's reunion, trip home and half a work week

Saturday night, K and I went to a cemetery tour with Betty. It was in the cemetery that is connected with the church where he went to high school. It was pretty cool. They had actors telling the history of about 10 of the people buried there. We went at dusk and it was dark by the time we got halfway through so that was cool for the Halloween season. After the tour, K and I went to his high school reunion which was close by at some banquet hall. We had a pretty good time and I enjoyed meeting and putting faces with some of the people I have been hearing so many stories about.
K and some of the other Opelousas Catholic guys. We stayed until around 1:30am and then headed home to take a nap before hitting the road. We headed home around 10am Sunday morning and got home in time to watch the second half of the Cowboys/Titans debacle. I was so pissed by the end of the game that I decided we needed to have a few drinks. We went up to Swanky's for a few beverages and some dinner. Monday was an easy peasy morning since J spent the night with his dad. I got in an ellip workout and made it to work early. I ran by the grocery at lunch so I could make a few things to sustain us during the week. After work, I picked up J from school, he had floor hockey, got home and started to cook. Dinner was a chicken mushroom broccoli casserole, some roasted okra and corn.
I also prepped a pork shoulder to cook in the crock pot Tuesday.
We used the calm night to relax and catch up on laundry and some of our TV. Tuesday morning was a yoga workout. K called asking for a lunch date so we met at Humdinger's and I had the seared scallops. It was K's 1st time there and he was loving it until the crowd got too large and people were standing over us waiting for tables to sit down. He will probably never go back :( He's funny like that! After work, J had an invite to go bowling at Billy Hardwick's with Jackson and Jimmy. I dropped him off and then got busy on the pork shoulder. After letting it marinate and then cooking it all day in cook and onions, I shredded it and stuck it back in the pot for about an hour with some BBQ sauce. The finished product was delish! And K was mad at me for not having made it sooner for him.
J bowled until 9:15 and had a blast. Looks like this may become somewhat of a common occurrence. Jimmy's dad bowls on a league every Tuesday night and the kids take over the other side of the bowling alley while the adults do their thing. J had a blast, bowled an 82 and has already asked to go back next week. I got up this morning and did an ellip/strength session. Been hard at work ever since..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment