Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Short work week and off to the Bayou

Monday wasn't the normal Monday. J spent Sunday night with his dad so I didn't have to get him up and ready and then his floor hockey season started and his dad went to his game so Mom didn't pick him up and we didn't go out there for dinner. They decided to have college teams for the floor hockey teams and J wound up on LSU's team. He got home and was laughing about it with K. I grabbed stuff on my way home and had the oven rolling.
I made a big pot of shrimp and sausage jambalaya and a pot of chili. The nights had gotten a little chilly and I was ready for winter food. They were good and lasted throughout a few lunch and dinners.Tuesday found us back to normal. Workouts and work and all that good stuff. Tuesday night was karate for J and I got a new pair of running shoes while he was in class with the hopes that they will help out a little with my plantar fasciitis. We got home and ate on some chili and watched the Biggest Loser. J had 2 floor hockey games after school and I left work 45 minutes early so I could watch his second game. He played awesome and scored 4 goals. K left for the hunting land that afternoon and was gone Wednesday night. J and I went to dinner and church. It was taco night and we were stuffed :) Thursday was a good day since it was really my Friday! Gotta love that :) The work week was good, I got a lot accomplished, I LOVE my new boss...things are good. K was having a good Thursday too. He killed a deer first thing in the morning. I picked J up at Sissy's and he decided he wanted a karate break. We had a busy night so I was glad. K and I had to get packed for our trip to Louisiana and we had to get the house cleaned since we are having an open house while we are gone. We ordered pizza for dinner and worked our butts off. Friday morning, I got J to school, we did some last minute things around the house and then hit the road, southbound. We made it to Dale and Betty's around 4:00. We visited for a little bit and then got ready for our night out. We had reservations at DI's, which is a Cajun restaurant/dance club out in the middle of nowhere in a rice field. It is about 45 minutes from Dale and Betty's. They took us the 1st time I came down and I loved it. We went for Betty's birthday and we met Kyle, Kristina, the girls and Tom and Yvonne (friends of theirs from the camp). The band, Briggs Brown and the Bayou Cajuns, was playing and the accordionist was the owner's grandson and they were fun.
Briggs Brown & the Bayou Cajuns
The girls and Kyle did a lot of dancing and the rest of us did a lot of eating.
I got up this morning and did my 8 miles and K joined me for most of it.

After our miles, we went to town, K had to get his mom a birthday present and I wanted to see his old hood and home. We cruised the town with Ryan for a little while and then headed back to the house. Betty made crawfish pasta and salad for lunch and it was so good. We ate and hung out watching football in the outdoor kitchen. Now I'm about to take a nap before tonight's festivities!

No comments:

Post a Comment