Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, October 4, 2010

A little Halloween, some football, some missions work and a date with my man

After work Friday, J and I headed to Cordova for a night together.
We started off with a little shopping at the Halloween costume store and then headed to Huey's to grab some grub.
They have some of the best nachos ever. After dinner, we rented Little Shop of Horrors and that's how we finished our night.
We woke up early Saturday and hit the greenline so I could get my 7.5 out of the way.
J rode my bike while I trekked on foot and he hung with me the whole 7.5.
It was a beautiful morning and the greenway was packed. We must have passed between 250 - 300 people. Everyone was enjoying themselves except for the poor fellow.
After our ride, we grabbed some lunch at Panera and then hit one of our favorite new spots.
J loves to let his yogurt melt a little bit and then mix it all up with his toppings and drink it like a milkshake.
We needed a nap after all of that and snuck one in before the Memphis v. Tulsa game at the Liberty Bowl. We went a few hours early and tailgated at Clay and Mills' new spot on Tiger Lane. Tiger Lane was awesome, granted it is not tailgating at an SEC school but a HUGE improvement over what Memphis has had. We had a good time and the game was fun too, even though Memphis got spanked. We had great seats with Clay and Angie.
It got pretty cold at the game after a cold front moved in and J and I had to make a hot chocolate stop on the way home. We got up Sunday and had some serious work to do at church. Global Aid Network, which is a Christian organization that provides food to countries in need was at Hope. We went and helped seal and pack dehydrated chicken, veggies, soy and rice to go to Haiti. It was a lot of fun and the workers made me feel great when they explained where the food goes and what kind of an impact it makes both physically and spiritually in the people's lives that receive it. I was glad J had a part in it too and was able to see the pictures and hear the stories of the people in need. I really want to raise him to feel blessed and be thankful for everything he has. After church, he went over to his dad's to spend the night for Jack's birthday. K came home from hunting and we had some great QT. We napped, watched football and then went to the Butcher Shop for a few drinks and dinner. It was so good!
I got up this morning and did an ellip/strength session and made us "fried" egg sammys for breaky. At lunch, I ran by Tops BBQ and ate with J at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment