Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Haunted Cornmaze, 5K, Cooking for the Fam, Donuts and Guns

J and I had a great weekend. K left Friday and went hunting. After work Friday, I picked J and Jackson S. up and we met Melanie, Drew and Jackson M. for dinner at My Favorite Place. Mel suggested it, I had never eaten there before but wasn't about to turn down Mexican since I hardly ever get it when K is in town.
I loved it and not because the food was so amazing, it was good but not really any better than any other Mexican place BUT they had an old man that played the keyboard that sounds like the whole band and he sang Copacabana and Jailhouse Rock in Spanish. It was awesome! After dinner, we went to the Haunted Corn Maze.
I'm glad I knew some of the people working and didn't have to wait in line or pay because when we got there, J, Jackson S. and Drew all chickened out. Omar, a Fayette County Deputy babysat while me, Mel and the other Jackson went through the maze.
Saturday morning, J, Jackson and I ran the Fast and Furriest 5K for the humane society.
It was held at Shelby Farms and started at the humane society. A lot of people brought their dogs and the weather was perfect.
J had his own running partner so I was able to run my own pace and I surprised myself. I did almost as good as the old days!
We took Jackson home later Saturday and went over to Mom and Roy's for dinner. K and I restocked on the Cajun sausage last weekend so I decided to cook for them and Sis and John. I made some pasta with a Cajun sausage, tomato cream sauce and they loved it. We hung out with them the rest of the night.
Sunday morning I got up and knocked out my 8 1/2 miles since I wasn't able to do it on Saturday.

It was rough too! A 5K followed by 8 1/2 the next day made for a very unhappy heel and knee. After lunch, J and I bought pumpkins and spent the afternoon making Jack-O-Lanterns. We met Heather, Shane, Colin, Amber and Destiny at church Sunday night and then came home, cooked dinner and watched the Cowboys lose AGAIN. It's so tough being a Cowboys fan right now :(
J was still on Fall Break. I took him to Gibson's Donuts for breakfast Monday morning.
He had the manly pink donuts while I kept from being a hog.
I managed to make it out with only eating half of this glazed and one bite of J's pink donuts. After lunch, I took J to his dad's because I had to go to the pistol range for fall qualifications. I passed with flying colors and we got to do some cool training exercises.
We got to shoot up some cars from the outside to see how they hold up to gunfire and where the best cover is provided and we also got to shoot from the inside of the car out the windshield. K came home while I was at work and smoked some deer back strap. I pigged out when I got home. It was so good!!! I was back at work in the office today. I tried the buffet at Pho Hao Binh for lunch and was extremely disappointed. Will. Never. Go. Back. They were out of everything, every time I went up to the bar except for tofu. Sca-rew that! I also took the opportunity to do 2.82 miles on the mall since I didn't work out this morning and won't get a chance tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment