Search This Blog

Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Stacey and Jett's Wedding

K and I headed out early Friday morning after getting J dropped off at school for Seaside. We made it to town around 4:00 and had some time to relax before getting ready for the rehearsal dinner. It was raining when we got there and Stacey decided to hold off on the rehearsal til Saturday. Lauren, Chris, Khaki and Katherine met us at the beach house and we headed to the Old Florida Fish House around 6:30 and met up with the rest of Stace and Jett's family. Dinner was delicious. I had the house grouper special, which was sauteed grouper topped with some buttery, crabby, shrimpy sauce. It was phenom! After dinner, we migrated to the bar area where a band that played old school music (like dad use to listen to on KVIL in Dallas). The band was even better than the food and we camped out there until the wee hours of the night. After that, a few late nighters gathered at the beach house for more dancing, celebrating and some late night dips in the pool. I surprised myself and was able to get up and hit the pavement by 8:30am and get my 7 miles in. I was glad I did it too, after sweating out all the poison, I felt a lot better :) When I got back to the house, I spent some time relaxing under the gazebo on the roof in the hammock before spending some QT with Stace.
We rode our bikes to the town square and hung out at Bud and Alley's talking and eating smoked crab dip.
Here are the little concession stand airstreams that I loved so much....What am I talking about? I love everything about that town!
Across the street from Bud & Alley's.
Views from the top deck of Bud & Alley's.

We had to cut it our wonderful time in the Seaside Square short though because we had a lot to do to get ready for the wedding. As we were riding back to the beach house, it started raining again. Marlane was at the house when we got back and her and Stace started cleaning up while I went and bought some last minute things that we forgot to get. When I got back, Lauren and the photographer were there and we started helping Stace get ready. The guests started arriving around 5:00 and by 5:15, we had everyone on the sand including Stacey. I wanted to rush everyone because it had stopped raining but there were some bad looking clouds and wasn't sure how long it would last. We were back at the house by 5:40 and enjoying some cocktails. The rest of the night was another house party like the night before. K and I had planned on riding our bikes back to the town square on Sunday and shopping and eating seafood and hanging out until early afternoon but we woke up that morning to heavy rainfall. We showered, packed and hit the road and made it home in time to watch some football and grill out steaks and boudin :)
Here are some more pics from the wedding weekend:
After wedding house party
Photographer, Chris, Lauren
The Bride and I
Prom pics on the beach
Rehearsal dinner
Jett made a wonderful speech
Brother and Mom watching Stace enjoy her night
Marlane danced all night long with us "young ones" :)
Chris, Jett and K 
 K and I taking a dance break
 Stace and Lauren not taking a dance break
 Chris and Lauren and NO NACE
 The gazebo on top of the house
 The Wedding Centerpiece
 K carting around the wedding guests
 Here comes the bride!
 Vows
 Mr. and Mrs. Williams
 The weather held out perfectly
Enjoying the after party!

No comments:

Post a Comment