Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Mardi Gras and More

Thursday - The storms came as promised. The boy was a nervous wreck especially when I had to load him and the dogs into the bathtub. The wind and storms were pretty crazy for a bit and the TV went out so I put J in charge of watching the weather guy on the computer and taking care of the pups while I watched the show from the porch and K was trying to sleep off a migraine headache. I felt so sorry for him! What a time to get one of those headaches....but we survived everything and the pups were very happy to have K back.
Friday - We left bright and early for Lafayette and made it to the hotel around 2:30. We stayed at The Courtyard by Marriott Lafayette, LA. It was an older hotel but had been updated a little and was very clean so we were satisfied with it and J loved it because there was an indoor pool! Mom and Roy and Sis, John and Tay made it in about an hour later. We relaxed at the pool before meeting K's family at DI's Cajun restaurant, one of mine and K's favorite places to go when we head "back home". (I've gotten so use to hearing K call LA "back home" that I call it that now especially since I never left home and have never had a "back home".)
This was the first time my family and K's met and it couldn't have gone better. DI's was the perfect place to have the "event"! It was totally relaxed and so much fun. My family loved it as much as I do and everyone got along so well. We started off with a few drinks and listening to the band playing that night, Al Roger/Terry Cormier and Louisiana Pride.....Roy was immediately in his element and was loving the band, especially when the spoons were busted out. After dinner, everyone hit the dance floor for a little fun.
Kyle and Kristina were the first to go but it didn't take long for everyone else to get out there.
After the band was finished for the night, they were kind enough to take a picture with us.

On a scale of 1 -10, I would rank the night at about a 17!!!!! I am really so blessed to have such a wonderful blood family and such a wonderful boyfriend's family. I could not ask for better people to have in my life :)

Saturday - I hit the hotel gym and then K, J and I grabbed a po boy before meeting the rest of the family for a full day of Mardi Gras parades. We staked out a spot early at the corner of Vermillion Street and Jefferson Street and had it for the rest of the day and night. It was the perfect spot to see the Krewe Des Chiens and the Krewe of Carnivale en Rio parades.
Krewe de chiens was the dog parade and so stinking cute. I swear one of the best parades ever!
King Gumbo

Court Jester

The Rio Krewe was a party krewe and pretty exciting...they even have Elvis as a part of the krewe.

This was J and Roy's first Mardi Gras and to tell  the truth, I don't know who had more fun!!!

In between parades, we made sure to have a few people save our spot on the corner and would take turns wandering.
One of the "holding down the fort" shifts.
J and I found an awesome fountain for him to cool off in.
J, K and I found a seat on the patio at Agave for a snack.

Taylor found some beads that may have been the biggest I have ever seen.

We also found some time for some family pics:

Everyone had the BEST TIME EVER!!! Mom and Roy said it was the most fun they have had in a long time and my family adored K's family and K's family adored mine so it was such a great weekend for me too :))))
After the parade's, J, K and I hung out at the pool and hot tub and soaked our sore pigs before going to bed.

Sunday - we hit the road early and made it home in time for me to unpack and get a few chores done!

Monday - Traumas of Law Enforcement training class at Bartlett. Dinner with the boy at mom and Roy's. Spaghetti and Italian spinach. No workout.

Tuesday - Worked out to my Dancing with the Stars DVD in the AM.
Training class.
Lunch with my man at Fresh Slices, grilled portabella panini and creamed spinach.
J had hunter safety class with his dad. I seared some tuna and picked up some Fresh Market pasta salad and regular salad for me and K's dinner.
Wednesday - Workout P90X yoga in the AM
Training class.
Leftover salad and pasta salad and a little hummus on pita chips for lunch
J and I had some errands to run after work and I didn't feel like cooking so it was a TOPS BBQ night while we watched some Tigers Basketball.

Thursday - THANK GOODNESS IT IS THURSDAY!!! Training classes make for the longest weeks...Worked out at the gym before lunch: 30 minutes bike, 15 minutes treadmill (4mph, 2.5 incline) 7 minutes stretching.
Lunch was a Lenny's sub

And a little bit of work to do before it's time to call it!

No comments:

Post a Comment