Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Calvary Episcopal Lenten Service and Margo's New Do!

Last night was a whole lot of nothing with K out of town. Luke came over and played some ball with J while I worked on my Rodan + Fields stuff. it got late and we fixed some easy peasy dinner (turkey sammies) and watched Modern Family and some crazy show that comes on after it. I slept in this morning, even though my hip feels so much better, I am still scared to use it, got J off to school and took Margo to the new haircut lady. I went to the Lenten Lunch Services at Calvary Episcopal and it was a great service. The church is absolutely beautiful.
Today's speaker was Reverend Ollie Rencher who works at Church of the Holy Communion and serves on the board at MIFA. He was very good. He talked of self examination and how we had to look truthfully at ourself and our relationship with God before we can make it better. He made some really good points. Reiterated this is a season of repentance and self examination and some of the things we need to do during this season is pray, fast and practice self denial. I HAVE to remember that this season. I am always gung ho at the beginning of Lent and then slowly slip away and forget all about the prayer and self denial. Just bring it to God....everything! That's what this is about, right? I hope to do it all the way through this season. I really enjoyed the service and felt a service and daily message in the middle of my work day is just what I need to get through this season reflecting on God and Jesus and what this whole thing means! For the past 88 years they have had a noontime lent service every day during the week and they serve lunch also. The "cafeteria" had a wonderful aroma coming out of it but I didn't have time to stay and eat because I wanted to get Margo picked up so she didn't have to stay at the vet's clinic all day since she isn't too crazy about being there. I couldn't wait to see my baby since it has been so long since she has had a professional cut and what. a. surprise. I. got.............
So clearly the groomer cannot read minds but she doesn't take things completely literal either....when I said, "Take it all off", I meant cut her all over leaving about an inch of fur but she heard shave her to the skin and leave an inch of hair on the tips of her ears. Oh boy! She is not too happy with this look, I do not think ;) I got her home as quick as I could since surely she felt nekkid and made me a quick turkey,cheddar, lettuce tomato and ranch wrap on whole wheat with a few pita chips on the side before heading back to to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment