Search This Blog

Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dinner with an old friend. Noonday Lenten Service. Miss Cordelia's.

Kasey Craig called me last week and we talked forever catching up and decided it had been too long since we had seen each other so we made dinner plans for last night. We met at Genghis Khan after work.

I was pretty sure I had been to Genghis Khan in Nashville but wasn't sure because I didn't think it was all that great but ever since the one in Memphis opened people have been going on and on about how great it is. Well it was the same restaurant as the one I went to in Nashville and I still don't understand all the hoopla about it but it was great to see Kasey and we decided we wouldn't go 2 more years without seeing each other.....
I got home and worked on my iTunes library for a while and watched some basketball with K.

I woke up this morning with no time for a workout and barely enough time for a shower. I didn't have time to pack a lunch either. At lunch , I went to Calvary's Noontime Lenten Service and the place was packed.
The speaker today was Dr. Marcus Borg and is apparently a pretty big deal, has published 20 books. I had never heard of him but he was a great speaker. After the service, I ran to tan and go for a spray and to Miss Cordelia's for a sammy.

Goats in the garden with avocado added...Yum!
The weather was beautiful so I went to the Riverwalk park to buy a few more minutes before going back to work. The river is up really high right now from all the snow melting up north.

No comments:

Post a Comment