Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

St.Patty's Parade. Great weather. Baseball. Crawfish. J comes to work. Friends and Family.

K came home from Orlando Friday night. We were both exhausted from a long week and decided to hang at the house. I decided to try my hand at making some crawfish enchiladas and a salad since beef and chicken were not an option since it was a Lent Friday.
I thought they were pretty good but K LOVED them....said they were in his top 5. I had some of the leftovers on Saturday for lunch and they were better after having set. I had planned on going on a long bike ride Saturday morning but my hip was still a tad bit achy so I decided to let it rest until I felt no more pain, just to be on the safe side. K and I did some things around the house and then took J and Leegan downtown to the St. Patty's Parade.
J and I hanging out before the parade
We headed home after the parade and the boys played some hoops while I made one of Aunt Kathy's recipes.
Any idea? Cajun shrimp dip!!!!! So yummo :) We munched on that while we got stuff together to grill out burgers. One of my favorite things ever happened Saturday night while we were sleeping, Spring Ahead! Nothing better than changing the time back to where we get more daylight.
Sunday morning, J and I met mom, Roy, Sis and John at church. J had baseball practice that afternoon and K did some yard work while we were away. We are about to fix up our front yard landscaping and fix up the backyard with new furniture, so he was doing some prep work for all of that. We went out for dinner since I was on the run all day and didn't feel like cooking. A little PF Chang's got in our bellies.
Monday - I slept in since I stayed up too late the night before. Wasn't adjusted to the new time yet. J was on spring break so he came to work with me. He helped me with some of my office chores, we went to Calvary's Noontime Lent Service, had some lunch at The Flying Fish and went to check on the Peabody ducks. We did a little more work after that and then it was time to go home. I loved having my buddy at work with me, I didn't get too much done but he definitely made my day brighter. Dinner was red beans and rice that I had simmering in the crockpot all day and then I spent the rest of the night doing some R+F work while the guys watched basketball.
Tuesday - J hung out with mom while I worked yesterday. I made it to the gym on my lunch hour and it felt so good to work out again!!!!! I did 30 minutes on the bike, 15 on the inclined treadmill and 15 on the part elip/part stairstepper machine. I recently downloaded Netflix on my iPhone and watched an episode of Dexter while cardioing. It made the time pass so fast and I really enjoyed it! I usually get really, really bored on cardio machines so this made me so happy. I actually would have stayed another hour just to watch another Dexter episode if I had had the time. K and I had plans to meet Mom, Roy and J at the Cajun Catfish Co. for dinner and then I talked to Katie and Heather and they wanted to come too so we had a big crawfish eating group last night. The crawfish were really good and had gotten a lot bigger since last week. I'm not sure who ate more me, Katie or J but I'm pretty sure we came real close to eating as much as Roy and K.
Wednesday - I took J to his dad's this morning to spend the rest of spring break with him. I went to the gym at lunch and planned on just doing a pilates class but when it was over, I was jonesing to watch an episode of Dexter so I split another 55 minutes between the elliptical and the bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment