Search This Blog

Pages

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hip sprain. Crab legs. Fat Tuesday. Ash Wednesday.

So far this week, I have used my brain and done the right thing instead of what I want to do. I have not worked out and I HATE it but these strains and overuse injuries are killing me and I finally realize that I have to rest to heal. After Sunday's WALK (which I did so I would not hurt myself since the last long RUN did my knee in for weeks) strained my hip to the point that I almost couldn't walk yesterday. Jeesh! I guess since my knee is still a little tender, I overcompensated using my hip in some sort of crazy way.

Monday night - went to Mom and Roy's for dinner with J and Mom made one of my faves :)))))
K was not happy that he missed this one!

FAT TUESDAY - I wish we were in LA to celebrate but we are in TN and it was cold and rainy and the mood just wasn't the party mood it should be on Mardi Gras but it was still Fat Tuesday and I was determined to do it up, at least a little, before giving it up. This year I am giving up alcohol and sweets for Lent. Oh boy! This could turn bad :( No workout on this day, this was the worst my hip hurt since Sunday...So bad that I actually used my chair at work to SIT at my desk. Both my guys had plans for the night (J at hunter's safety and K had a client dinner) so I was able to get some alone face time with Melanie, which NEVER happens between the kids and the grown kids, so I didn't mind the guys being busy. I had a couple of hours free before meeting for MM so I decided to go ahead and make myself a little sugar drunk before giving it all up.

Lovin from the oven is RIGHT!
I intended to have 2 cupcakes and be done but got inside to find 3 of my faves and decided why decide between the 3, especially on a day of indulgence, and go for all 3.


Chocolate decadence, red velvet and classic
 They were all soooooo good and I felt a bit of a sugar overload when I was done but not for too long. Mel and I met for a few beers and some boiled crawfish and I made sure to indulge on the mudbugs.

The dead soldiers
It felt like I ate 33 pounds of the mudbugs but it was so good! I am trying to catch up with K on how many crawfish we have eaten in a lifetime ;) When I got home K and the babies were chillin' and being so good!
Lexie Lou in her boyfriend's lap

Margo lovin her momma
Wednesday - got up early but not for a workout. Had to get the house picked up for the maid to come clean.....ummmm yeah Mom, I finally understand that logic! Breaky was an egg, cheese and mustard deli thin. The weather was still rainy and dreary and it just felt like a pho kind of day to me so Amber, Jen and I headed to Pho Vietnam for lunch before picking up a bunch of stuff for the Pink Eagles girls group fundraiser.
#16, my fave!


No comments:

Post a Comment